Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 9:04:06 AM EDT
Anyone use a Hiviz fiber optic front sight on their Walther P99?
Does it help with faster target acquisition? Does it obscure your sight picture for target shooting?
Pros and cons?

I posted here because of a thread over on the big board, reminding everyone about the handgun forums.
Hopefully, I'll get some response.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is what I saw a month ago...a gent had one on his Glock and was proud of it. He went to show it to me and the front plastic was undone, out of the leaf that was supposed to hold it in place, he snapped it back in but now I wonder about durability, let alone sight picture.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
The fiber optic front sights are fast to pick up, but I also question the durability of the hi-vis model.  Check (call them)with Dawson Precision and see if he offers his for a P99 as it is extremely well built and the fiber optic is the right size IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top