Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2003 12:15:05 PM EDT
I am looking for a below the waistband solution, as in www.pagerpal.com.  I will be getting my CCW soon and do not believe having even a regular IWB holster with grip outside of waist will be the most discrete.  Fortunately it is the winter months now and I would be able to make it work, but more concerned for warmer months or if I choose to disrobe a little indoors.

The single thread in holsters section was not the best in favor of Pagerpal, but I am not even sure if anyone in there owned one (I think one person did).  Regardless, are there any other solutions to look at?  Right now I'm thinking Kel-tec P32 or their .380 with clip behind a belt, or an (Alessi)ankle holster.

Suggestions?

Guns to be carried =
PPK(/S), Springfield Micro or Ultra Compact 1911.  The Keltecs carry themselves.

*not in Holsters section as it is *very* dead.  Better idea would be a way to tag a thread so it would show up in Holsters, almost like a refined search*
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Desantis "Insider" IWB holster.  The clip goes right to the edge of the holster so that with the handle tucked away, nothing is really showing.  with a belt over that and my phone clipped over the clip of the holster, it's practically invisible.  when I use it with my Glock 19, I have had girls take double looks.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
www.desantisholster.com/031.html

That's not bad, just a little bit over the top with the glock they have there (looks full size).  for the XD40C(compact) or compact versions of the 1911s or the PPK(/S?) I am looking at, that may not be so bad, and at the price... =)

Comfortable all day?  Walking, sitting, driving, etc?  =)
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:18:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Go with a Smartcarry....www.smartcarry.com.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 1:33:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Pager Pal. It basicly sucks and I found it to be very uncomfortable. I was trying it with a SIG P230. Even with smaller guns its still not comfortable, at least for me. I also broke the fake pager in the first 5 minutes trying to draw it out. Have you ever seen the Confidant Shirt holster from Kramer? They work very well, especially with a PPK sized gun and you can carry under a tucked in dress shirt. I've done this with a Colt Combat Commander and a double reload in the off side holster.(it comes with two holsters on the shirt) I've also carried two P230's in it. While you can carry a full sized gun, the smaler guns are much more comfortable. You also want to buy it one size smaller than you normally wear(they recommend this) so things stay snug and dont flop around. You dont want to wear fitted shirts either.
Its not the fastest to get into action, but its not all that slow if you practice. I like it better than ankle carry and 1000 times better than the Pager Pal, especially when you sit down.
www.kramerleather.com/
look on the left column just down from the top.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Person experiences with said holsters appreciated...

review of SmartCarry @ www.m1911.org/prodte10.htm

says one must "Would I buy such a holster? I really cannot say. In order to use it, you need to wear loose garments, like sports clothing.", showing user with elastic waist, not jeans... but I would think a size up or two would be okay...
Also, the spontaneity of my girlfriend soon to be fiance`, I don't think she'd enjoy pantsing me in order to do something nice to see a PPK .380 or similar there.  She is okay with me having and carrying, and has shot some .22lr rifle with me on occassion, but she's not there yet.

The rosen, I don't see how 190 gets you anything more...  cowhide vs. horsehide or shark... and did not see any below the waist... and the price again?

Please share your experiences/comments.  =)
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Confident shirt www.kramerleather.com seems very interesting.  Just as long as you wear a regular t-shirt or button down... hmm..  again, slow to get into action I would think even with t-shirt, depending on the situation, but so are 'most' deep concealment holsters.  Thanks for more negative on the pager-pal

=)
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My suggestion would be that you forgo that mode of carry altogether. Ones mode of carry should allow the user to draw the gun with one hand if required and reholster the gun with one hand if required. You should consider how you’re going to access you gun if you only have one free hand or if you‘re already in the middle of a fight. Can you get to your gun fast if only your strong side hand is available? How about with your offside hand? My experience with smart carry, pager pals, and other below the waist band holsters has shown that they are remarkably slow and pretty darn uncomfortable. It’s my opinion that deep concealment holsters are for that only.... deep concealment when there is no other option or applicable mode of carry. It kinda’ like carrying a mouse gun...... I would only do it as a last resort.

Link Posted: 10/25/2003 5:44:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.desantisholster.com/031.html

That's not bad, just a little bit over the top with the glock they have there (looks full size).  for the XD40C(compact) or compact versions of the 1911s or the PPK(/S?) I am looking at, that may not be so bad, and at the price... =)

Comfortable all day?  Walking, sitting, driving, etc?  =)

Yeah, that's a full sized Glock.  My holster is for the 26, which has the clip all the way to top.  Of course Glocks being similar in size I can use my G26 holster for my G19, with the only downfall is that the barrel sticks out 1/4 inch out of the bottom of the Holster.  Comfortwise, there have been times I've forgotten I have my gun on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top