Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2003 2:12:08 PM EDT
Looking for some input but nobody is responding in the "Springfield" forum. what do you guys think?

I just looked at a new springfield. I think it is thier standard model. It has a green finish, rounded top on the slide, a set of non Night Sight novacks, A black beavertail, black ambi safety, and front/back serrations. The selesman said that I could shoot this for the rest of my life and not even come close to wearing it out. The price was $695.00 out the door.
I have a Two-tone old frame style glock #22 with night sites that they offered $340.00 for on a trade. What do you guys think? Any complaints or tips? Also where would I get a set of night sites for it?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=34&t=6236
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 2:21:16 PM EDT
Hawkeye I believe has one. I'm sure he'll be in here to tell you about it, that is if he isnt too busy over in the AR Forums doing his job
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:00:12 PM EDT
I don't see the two-tone you're looking at in the first ad I picked up, but the parkerized "loaded", including night sights (model PX9109L), is around $590 dealer cost, so this might be a little high if it doesn't have night sights.

You can get Novak night sights from Brownell's, or from Novak's directly (and have Novak's install them if you send your slide). You can find both on the net with a little searching.

I have several Springfield 1911's, and have had quite a few more go through my hands. It's not a Glock, you may not be able to take it from the box and have it function 100% without a little tweaking. They are very good, strong pistols, and you'll likely never wear one out. The new loaded models are a great deal; if built 10 years ago by a gunsmith, you would have over $1000 invested for what you get now ready to go from the factory for 30% less.

Depending on condition of your Glock and what mags you have, seems like a fair trade-in price. You MIGHT be able to get them down on the Sprindfield slightly, but not a lot, depending on how things are priced in your area.
Top Top