Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/16/2003 5:07:17 PM EDT
I am intrigued by this pistol.
Just how practical, and effective do you think this pistol would be for real combat or self defense use?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Not to be a smartass, but if you have to ask about usefulness and practicality of this POS, then you don't need a pistol or a firearm.  Sorry.

Its a play-toy.  I handled one at the Houston Gunshow.  Its not impressive.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:16:16 PM EDT
[#2]
SC, thanks so much for your wise, useful, constructive, inteligent reply.
You are why guys like me don`t know anything.
You have all the wisdom locked up in your head and there just isn`t enough left to go around for guys who ask questions.

Thank you again.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Actually, this thing doesn't shoot all that bad, at the range..Felt recoil is practically zip..You can shoot it all day...

I would never buy one, because it isn't the most practical.(I one I tried at the range had a 71/2" barrel, if I remember)
(One of the ranges I go to rents out unique weapons)

Postives:
1) fun for plinking
2) great conversation piece
3) ammo/magazines available anywhere
4) unique if you have $800 to spend

Negitives:
1)I don't know what kind of ballistics the 5.56 would have out of a 7" barrel...
2) strictly a range gun, not practical for real use
3) most indoor ranges have restrictions on using rifle calibers-check with your range..

hope this helps
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 12:48:57 AM EDT
[#4]
As long as it's one built by bushmaster and not PO it should function fine. The balistics will probably suck. There might be some factory ammo out there that would work OK but the mil-spec stuff probably wont achieve enough velocity to yaw and fragment properly. As stated it would be a fun toy to play with. I handled one at a recent gunshow and thought it was pretty cool.

I prefer the carbon rifle though. A sub 4lb rifle is very nice and practical and bushmaster stands behind their guns.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Gator,

Lighten up Francis.  I was trying to be funny so un-twist your panties for christ's sake!

1.  The Carbon pistol won't fit in a holster.  So, how do you carry it?

2.  What kind of sighting system do you put on it except for a laser?  A red-dot would require shooting this thing like a normal pistol and that would probably get dicey the longer you held it at arms length.

3.  It is a toy, plain and simple and if you buy one, it should be for the gee-wizz factor.

Cheers, Sean
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey SC,

Couldn`t you tell, I was trying to be funny too.

Consider my panties untwisted!
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Doesn't matter who is building them....the super short gas system and lightweight buffer are not conducive to long term reliability.
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 5:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Anyone have info on an ankle holster?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Anyone have info on an ankle holster?

No way... This pistol demands a burqa: Inside it you feel free

BTW can anyone tell WTF is wrong with this second lady on this webpage? Scary...
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Now I see why they are wearing them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top