Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/13/2003 11:09:02 AM EDT
What does the cheapest model from each of theses places cost? Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 12:49:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2003 2:04:11 PM EDT by Lumpy196]
Both are excellent handguns. I own a Wilson and have been completely satisfied with it. However, I got it when they were MUCH cheaper than they are now.

For the money, the Baer TRS is by far the better value. Since they are "custom production" guns that arent that common, prices are pretty consistant unless you can find a used one.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 1:59:06 PM EDT
Thats great info but I was looking for an actuall (sp) dollar amount, say gunshow prices for each company's entry level pistol.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:03:57 PM EDT
I'll rephrase:

prices are going to be consistant with MSRP since they are custom guns. Even stocking dealers arent going to get that big of a price break. What you see on their websites is what you are likely to pay in most cases.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 2:35:01 PM EDT
Uncle, the cheapest Baer is going to be a Premier II. You *should* be able to find one on line for about $1350.00. Is it worth it? That is subjective. I have a TRS and an SRP - I like them.

ps - one bit of advice - if you do buy one on line - get the serial number and call LB - make sure it is one of there guns (not a frame and slide someone else built) and that it is in the same configuration as when it left the factory - otherwise you will have a warranty problem.

good luck
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 5:23:22 PM EDT
MSRP huh, more like ouch. Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:27:50 PM EDT
Yes, both are worth it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2003 6:45:37 AM EDT
These don't really show up much at the gun shows I attend, and when they do the dealer's always asking MSRP on them. Your best bet's to find one used. A couple years back a fellow had two used Baers on his table for $1200 apiece. I'm still kicking my own ass because I didn't pick one up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 6:17:03 AM EDT
I bought a Les Baer Concept IV pistol, and it came out to be about 1500 dollars when all was said and done. It is a superbly reliable and accurate pistol and has only malfed on me once, and that during the initial breakin period. (A stovepipe, and that was probably my fault...)

The many other thousands of rounds that have gone through it have been 100% reliable no matter how badly I tried to make it jam. (And I have tried HARD, even firing it with 2 fingers to induce a jam...)
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 12:42:35 PM EDT
There is a shop in Houston on Richmond that has a good supply of both used and new Wilsons and Baers. As I recall, they are pretty reasonable on price too.
Can't think of the name of the shop, but I visit every time I am in town.
Top Top