Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2003 5:10:54 PM EDT
I've had derringers, revolvers and modern semi-autos of all kinds and I can't afford to go "upscale" (i.e. collectibles, Class 3, etc.). I'm in the mood for something new and different, though. So... I wuz a-thinkin'...

Anyone know a good source for flintlock pistols? I've seen lots of nice flintlock rifles and such and already have a .44 1860 Colt Army but thought a big ol' ridiculously large-caliber front-stuffer might be fun.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you are ready for a kit, rather than a store bought smoker?
It would not only keep you busy, it's cheaper and any complaints of fit or finish would be your fault.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Now *that* sounds like an idea! I've been searching around a bit but keep ending up finding originals and auctions. Can't afford to drop a few K at all, much less for just one shot.

Can you recommend a decent kit maker? Pedersoli, maybe? And does anyone make anything bigger than .69 caliber (hey, if I'm going impractical I may as well go all the way!)?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Isn't there a blackpowder forum (on AR15) or actually specific black powder forums?

Post back with anything found.

Also, change thread title to include black or flint
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:23:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There's a huge company in Union City, TN that specializes in blackpowder stuff. I can't recall their name right now! Aaaargh!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:17:41 AM EDT
[#5]
A quick google search for "black powder guns" or "black powder kits" opened up with lots of makers.
Of course when you get it done, pictures, along with a range report would be nice!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:10:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Dixie Gun Works is the end-all, be-all for blackpowder. Their catalog is HUGE as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Here is my $0.02.
I have a friend that made one and says it works great.
www.cva.com/products/pistol.htm

They are cap lock, but they are all over the net in unfinished kits that are about $160
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top