Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/9/2003 5:10:54 PM EDT
I've had derringers, revolvers and modern semi-autos of all kinds and I can't afford to go "upscale" (i.e. collectibles, Class 3, etc.). I'm in the mood for something new and different, though. So... I wuz a-thinkin'...

Anyone know a good source for flintlock pistols? I've seen lots of nice flintlock rifles and such and already have a .44 1860 Colt Army but thought a big ol' ridiculously large-caliber front-stuffer might be fun.

Recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:34:19 PM EDT
It sounds like you are ready for a kit, rather than a store bought smoker?
It would not only keep you busy, it's cheaper and any complaints of fit or finish would be your fault.
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 8:38:30 AM EDT
Now *that* sounds like an idea! I've been searching around a bit but keep ending up finding originals and auctions. Can't afford to drop a few K at all, much less for just one shot.

Can you recommend a decent kit maker? Pedersoli, maybe? And does anyone make anything bigger than .69 caliber (hey, if I'm going impractical I may as well go all the way!)?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 11:22:27 AM EDT
Isn't there a blackpowder forum (on AR15) or actually specific black powder forums?

Post back with anything found.

Also, change thread title to include black or flint
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 3:23:21 PM EDT
There's a huge company in Union City, TN that specializes in blackpowder stuff. I can't recall their name right now! Aaaargh!!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:17:41 AM EDT
A quick google search for "black powder guns" or "black powder kits" opened up with lots of makers.
Of course when you get it done, pictures, along with a range report would be nice!
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 8:10:59 AM EDT
Dixie Gun Works is the end-all, be-all for blackpowder. Their catalog is HUGE as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 11:03:15 AM EDT
Here is my $0.02.
I have a friend that made one and says it works great.
www.cva.com/products/pistol.htm

They are cap lock, but they are all over the net in unfinished kits that are about $160
Top Top