Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2003 9:16:03 AM EDT
Besides a gun show, what is the best place to pick up some extra magazines? Is there a website that is favored for their products, service, and prices?
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 1:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Mec-Gar seems to be the best aftermarket mag company. They make many of the factory mags for the bigger gun mfgrs as well. I don't know if they sell retail off of their web site or not.

Shotgun News usually has lots of ads for mag sales, I'd check there too.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Karl, I had a 4506 but sold it last year, great gun!!

I have a new Pro-Mag 8rd magizine thats of no use to me, I-M or e-mail me your address and you can have it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 2:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Happy Jack,

IM and email sent.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#4]
You can get 'em direct from S&W as well...just call and you can put them on "the card"...nowadays you can probably also get them online, too.

www.smith-wesson.com/CustSupport/contacts.htm
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:28:45 PM EDT
[#5]
One other source is KY Imports in Louisville, KY. They usually have like new, used factory mags for $19.95 for the 4506. They have a web site if you search a little for it, and will sell mags direct to the user on a credit card.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 3:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
If you prefer a metal (stainless) floorplate that sits a little more flush, the 645 mags will work too.
These have differing followers, some plastic, some stainless steel.
They also use two kinds of floorplate assemblies, one with a conventional dismount button to remove it, the other uses a pain in the butt bent metal & notch.
Cdnninvestments.com has some "demo" mags for $17 for the 4506.
New ones for $29 each.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:49:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to every one for their suggestions
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top