Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2003 2:05:31 PM EDT
Have a S&W Pro Hunter 44 Mag and thought I field the question what scope I schould put on it.

I am going to use this for wild pig and perhaps deer. I am leaning to an Aimpoint or a 2 power Leopold.

Anyone have any experiences or opinions ?
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I started out with an Aimpoint 5000 1x on an Anaconda...then I went to a 4x Loopie...and I just bought a 2.5x6 Loopie to replace it.

Higher the power, slower the target aquisition.

The aimpoint is fast, but it sucks for the longer shots. Loopie is slow, but better for the longer shots.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Leupold 2x on my Taurus Raging Bull in 454 casull.....it is a good scope, and another one is the Bushnell 2-6x handgun scope..Burris and Redfield also make good handgun scopes........Slacker is right, keep it low powered, with a 44 you don't need much magnification anyway................
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:02:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi NODDAH,
2x is the way to go.
Check out Leupold or Burris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top