Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/21/2003 9:36:37 PM EDT
Just curious if anyone here often shoots their Beretta 92 with Wolf 9mm ammo?

Looking to get a couple thousand rounds, and Wolf is 105.00 delivered per K at ammoman.com.

Anyone ever had any problems with this stuff?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:11:05 PM EDT
I really don't care for wolf. You can get winchester white box valuepack 100rnds/$10 at Walmart. It's better and it's comparable in price. I would even go with Miwall

Depending on where you live you may be able to get them at a gunshow for about $85/1000rnds
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 10:17:59 PM EDT
Except for AKs or SKS's, avoid Wolfe ammo. Their steel cases are hell on extractors.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:06:13 AM EDT
I tried some Brown Bear in my CZ, cuz a buddy gave me 100 rounds for free. It shot OK and cycled fine, but wasn't as accurate as the Winchester White Box from Walmart.

Not laquered like WOLF ammo, but it was steel cased. They call it 'bimetal'. I think it's steel with some sort of zinc coating or something.

Remember: WOLF makes ammo. WOLFF makes springs. I don't know what the hell WOLFE makes.

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 5:32:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:11:03 PM EDT
ditto what Bob Cole says. You can buy Blazer or Winchester White box just as cheap, so why bother shooting dirty ammo which may be hard on the gun??????? (penny wise, pound foolish)....
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:25:14 AM EDT
I will never understand why people purchase the most expansive firearms and then feed them the cheepest ammo. I've seen guys at the range with $750 rifles topped with $59 scopes and can't figure out why they can't keep their shots on the paper. The steel cased ammo is great for an AK or an SKS....period.

You have a nice gun, feed it decent ammo. Feed it the best ammo for personal defense. Maybe, like me, you can own a Beretta 92 for 10 years, firing thousands of rounds, and never have a single issue.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 1:35:24 PM EDT
I had a KB using Wolf in my 9mm Para Ordnance (actually my buddy did, he was holding it when the bomb dropped).

Case head separation. Blew the mag out and cracked the slide. He was fine except for some stinging hands. Would polymer have handled the explosion better? Anyway, Wolf replaced the slide and refunded my money on the 1K case.

I absolutely loved Wolf until this happened. Might have happened with any ammo. Either way, I can't shoot Wolf anymore. Sad, as it was cheap and accurate. I probably shot 3K of it.

I stick with Win White Box now. It is not so much more money.

Out
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:42:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Rhainan:
I had a KB using Wolf in my 9mm Para Ordnance (actually my buddy did, he was holding it when the bomb dropped).

Case head separation. Blew the mag out and cracked the slide. He was fine except for some stinging hands. Would polymer have handled the explosion better? Anyway, Wolf replaced the slide and refunded my money on the 1K case.

I absolutely loved Wolf until this happened. Might have happened with any ammo. Either way, I can't shoot Wolf anymore. Sad, as it was cheap and accurate. I probably shot 3K of it.

I stick with Win White Box now. It is not so much more money.

Out

Do you have any pictures of this?

Top Top