Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2003 1:52:34 PM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a used Beretta 9000s on the cheap. The condition is very good to excellent. Just looking for opinions on if they are good or bad, what I should look for, etc. Thanks Fellas.

Johnathan
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine alot.  At first the safety is stiff and the slide hard to rack because it is small, but after a while it is broken in and/or you get used to it.
It is easy to shoot for a small gun.  It is only a little larger than my Keltec P-11 but it is much easier to shoot fast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
They're not exactly setting new sales records. Their trigger seems too stiff for my tastes.

If you get a real low price you could always sell it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:47:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought one.  A Type-D in 40 S&W.

Brand new at Galyans for $299.99.

I have not fired it yet, but so far with snap cap fireing I am getting used to it, and like the gun very much.

I gave Beretta call and got two converters for it.  Makes it so I can use larger capasity Beretta 96 mags.  It also makes the grip longer and more comfortable, but not as easy for light clothing concealment.

I tried to get a couple of the pinky extenders, but they are backordered for a month.

I figure on carrying in the warm months with the pinky extender and the cold months with the 96 mag converter, for more bullets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses guys. Its a type F, .40 s+w, about a year and a half old, in the sub 300 dollar range, with two mags, ccw holster, and 150 rounds of ammo. Good deal?

Johnathan
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one in the safe; nice pocket gun. Too high-tech looking for most people. It's a Beretta so it works.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thanks for the responses guys. Its a type F, .40 s+w, about a year and a half old, in the sub 300 dollar range, with two mags, ccw holster, and 150 rounds of ammo. Good deal?

Johnathan

Sound like a good deal man.  Tell us how it works out.  I am going to try and get mine to the range this week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to the range yesterday.  NICE little gun!

40, out of a small frame, was not near as bad as I thought it would be.  at 25 yards, I had no trouble hitting center mass on a human silhouette target.  And even managed to destroy a fair bit if the 6" circle Shoot 'n See I put in the middle.

PS, shot at a rifle range, 25 yards was the closest I could get.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Classic Pistol 'unsold' me on it.  They had one they just sold and didn't plan on getting any more in.

'clerk' said the slide was not good for gripping/pull back.  I think that was the most sensical argument.  And for the price, to look at Walther, Springfield (XD series it muy nice), and S&W.

Current choice is XD40 Compact when it comes out...
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:31:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I owned one for about 6 months. It was a toss up between the 9000 and a Glock 26.

I found the 9000 slide very difficult to use, the safety all but impossible, and the trigger was very difficult especially double-action. I was never able to effectively double tap with the pistol.

The dealer I purchased it from has never gotten another one in, in fact he offered me $250 dollars for it on trade! I ended up selling it at a private sale and purchasing the Glock 26. I haven't looked back.

Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top