Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2003 1:52:34 PM EDT
I have a chance to pick up a used Beretta 9000s on the cheap. The condition is very good to excellent. Just looking for opinions on if they are good or bad, what I should look for, etc. Thanks Fellas.

Johnathan
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 2:18:44 PM EDT
I like mine alot. At first the safety is stiff and the slide hard to rack because it is small, but after a while it is broken in and/or you get used to it.
It is easy to shoot for a small gun. It is only a little larger than my Keltec P-11 but it is much easier to shoot fast.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:49:02 PM EDT
They're not exactly setting new sales records. Their trigger seems too stiff for my tastes.

If you get a real low price you could always sell it if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 6:47:01 PM EDT
I just bought one. A Type-D in 40 S&W.

Brand new at Galyans for $299.99.

I have not fired it yet, but so far with snap cap fireing I am getting used to it, and like the gun very much.

I gave Beretta call and got two converters for it. Makes it so I can use larger capasity Beretta 96 mags. It also makes the grip longer and more comfortable, but not as easy for light clothing concealment.

I tried to get a couple of the pinky extenders, but they are backordered for a month.

I figure on carrying in the warm months with the pinky extender and the cold months with the 96 mag converter, for more bullets.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:17:29 AM EDT
Thanks for the responses guys. Its a type F, .40 s+w, about a year and a half old, in the sub 300 dollar range, with two mags, ccw holster, and 150 rounds of ammo. Good deal?

Johnathan
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:01:12 AM EDT
I have one in the safe; nice pocket gun. Too high-tech looking for most people. It's a Beretta so it works.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:22:03 AM EDT

Originally Posted By jteal:
Thanks for the responses guys. Its a type F, .40 s+w, about a year and a half old, in the sub 300 dollar range, with two mags, ccw holster, and 150 rounds of ammo. Good deal?

Johnathan

Sound like a good deal man. Tell us how it works out. I am going to try and get mine to the range this week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 3:57:49 AM EDT
I went to the range yesterday. NICE little gun!

40, out of a small frame, was not near as bad as I thought it would be. at 25 yards, I had no trouble hitting center mass on a human silhouette target. And even managed to destroy a fair bit if the 6" circle Shoot 'n See I put in the middle.

PS, shot at a rifle range, 25 yards was the closest I could get.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 4:54:49 PM EDT
Classic Pistol 'unsold' me on it. They had one they just sold and didn't plan on getting any more in.

'clerk' said the slide was not good for gripping/pull back. I think that was the most sensical argument. And for the price, to look at Walther, Springfield (XD series it muy nice), and S&W.

Current choice is XD40 Compact when it comes out...
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 4:31:11 AM EDT
I owned one for about 6 months. It was a toss up between the 9000 and a Glock 26.

I found the 9000 slide very difficult to use, the safety all but impossible, and the trigger was very difficult especially double-action. I was never able to effectively double tap with the pistol.

The dealer I purchased it from has never gotten another one in, in fact he offered me $250 dollars for it on trade! I ended up selling it at a private sale and purchasing the Glock 26. I haven't looked back.

Good luck
Top Top