Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2003 3:17:45 PM EDT
My local gun shop (Galyans) has a bunch of Beretta 9000s's
(3) 9mm's, and (10) 40 s&w's.

Aparently Beretta had a recal on the saftey, and these guns have been fitted with a plug where the saftey/decocker used to be.

they are DAO, and have no saftey.
They are brand new from the factory and are piced at $299.99

What do you think????
Get one, or are they crap?

It would be a carry gun.

9mm or 40???? (and I am not asking this to start a 9mm vs 40 debate, only to see if the pistol functions better with one calibur or the other)

It felt okay in my hands, it aimed well, and the trigger seemed nice(I dry fired).

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got one in .40 and haven't had any problems.  Bought it when they first came out.  I sometimes use it as a concealed carry piece, but it's a little too think IMHO for comfort.  The grip is also a little short, but not so much that the pistol is uncontrollable.  I paid ~$450 for mine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Since it's so cheap, I'd be concerned to use it for a carry gun. Or it could be so cheap because it doesn't sell?
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Its cheap because they have so many, and they don't sell.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I got the skinny on it from a more knowlagabe sales person.

There was NO recall!  that was a different gun.

The normal price is $450, but because they have so many, they have been reduced to $299.99 for quick sale.

I am going to pick up one in 40 tomorrow.

For $300 its a what the heck purchase that could turn out really good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#5]
My local gun shop doesn't even carry them, they told me they don't sell, and also they said the DAO trigger was pretty heinous, but what you like is what you should carry, and likewise.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 7:16:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't doubt that it would be a servicable enough gun for $300 but my opinion, from the ones I have handled and shot, is that the 9000 is an ergonomic train wreck.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

The normal price is $450, but because they have so many, they have been reduced to $299.99 for quick sale.

SO a "salesperson" who knows you are interested in spending money with them on a specific gun contradicted another salesperson and told you that the recall was on "another gun"?

Did he tell you which other gun.  See, the 9000's did have problems when they were first released, and many were sent back to Beretta.  I was  not interested in a new gun then, so I did not pay attention as to if there was a recall.  But beware of salesmen who tell you different stories.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SO a "salesperson" who knows you are interested in spending money with them on a specific gun contradicted another salesperson and told you that the recall was on "another gun"?

Did he tell you which other gun.  See, the 9000's did have problems when they were first released, and many were sent back to Beretta.  I was  not interested in a new gun then, so I did not pay attention as to if there was a recall.  But beware of salesmen who tell you different stories.

The first salesman, has proven he does not know what he is talking about.  The socond salesman, is also a trusted friend who I buy from all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top