Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2003 10:11:24 AM EDT
Whats the deal with it? Has anyone here shot one? Is there a reason CDNN has them for so much less than Browning Hi Powers?
Link Posted: 8/21/2003 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
The system was licensed from Daewoo in Korea. I think that they brought it out to compete for a military or LE contract that never materialized. It's kind of a kludgy system and never gained popularity with either the FN or Korean guns. I imagine that there are a bunch of them taking up shelf space and so the low price. Nothing wrong with them, just nobody wanted them.

By the way, Browning never made any HiPowers anyway. They have always been FNs. Browning was the US distributor for the P-35 that was made by FN and at time also in Canada, Argentina and China. The guns Browning sold had their logo and imprint placed on the slide, but other than that were the same P-35s as sold everywhere else in the world. It was designed by John Browning originally as a striker fired pistol to meet French Military needs. Unfortunately, JB died during the developement stages and never lived to see the final product. Dieudonne Saive did the original design work on the then revolutionary staggered stack 15 round magazines and completed the design after JB's death. It was the only pistol that was manufactured for use by both sides during WWII. Today, FN owns Browning.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I have the 9mm version. Its` main advantage allows you to carry the pistol with a round in the chamber with the hammer down. It also retains the single action trigger. When you release the thumb safety with a round in the chamber, the hammer drops and  your ready to fire. A recent shotgun news compared the 1911 version with Para Ordnance LDA system. In terms of trigger pull, it is lighter than almost all double actions I`ve fired, except the LDA. HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top