Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/7/2003 6:58:30 AM EDT
I have a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911. It has Novak sites, but I want night sites on it. Tirjicon won't sell me the sites...they want me to send the slide in. Why is that? The front site is dove-tailed.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:13:10 AM EDT
Just buy the sights from Brownell's or somebody. Driving sights out of dovetails ain't rocket science.

You'll probably have to stick with something that will fit the Novak cut, like a tritium Novak sight.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:15:21 AM EDT
trij dealers are on the net and in shotgun news.
local smith puts em on for a 20 and makes minor adjustments for free. way to go, for me anyway.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 8:06:25 AM EDT
If Trijicon or an authorized dealer doesn't do the install, it voids the warrany. From what I undestand, they have a special staking tool so it doesn't damage the trtium lamp
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:06:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Chimborazo:
I have a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911. It has Novak sites, but I want night sites on it. Tirjicon won't sell me the sites...they want me to send the slide in. Why is that? The front site is dove-tailed.

They are either A. going to drill out and install the tritium tubes in your existing sights since to my knowledge they dont make direct replacement sights for Novak's, or,
B. The front sight is dovetailed, but, if its the SA factory Novaks, the front sight has a small roll pin though it for extra strength. That pin needs to be punched out to removed the sight.

Just end it to the Springfield Custom shop. They will replace your standard Novaks with tritium ones with a decent turn around time, and if I am not mistaken, a bit cheaper than Trijicon themselves.
Top Top