Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2003 6:31:31 PM EDT
Back in December I refinished my very well worn P226. Its been appx 8 months and the Brownells teflon/moly seems to be holding up to daily on and off duty carry pretty well.

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:56:24 PM EDT
No before pictures?
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:12:53 AM EDT
Great job! Looks really good.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:35:05 AM EDT
How far down did you strip the slide before applying the finish? I have a 226 I use in saltwater conditions that the finish is pretty worn on. Could you detail the process somewhat? I would be interested in doing this to mine as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:17:21 PM EDT
I stripped the slide with 200 grit aluminum oxide sandblast and had it plated with elecrtroless teflon/nickel by Microplating inc. in Erie PA. The frame was a little tricky, I used the same aluminum oxide sandblast, but with a very low pressure. The goal is to slightly roughen the surface of the frame without actually removing the anodized finish. I then hanged the parts on wire hangers, and heated them in the over to about 140 degrees. After they were warmed up to about 140 I took them outside and painted them with the Brownells teflon/moly, put them back in the oven and baked them at 400 degrees for 1 hour.
Top Top