Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/4/2003 10:44:15 AM EDT
Anybody here got experience with them?
I ordered a Fobus belt holster for a S&W K frame this weekend. They were the only maker I could find with a belt holster.

I use Kydex for my 1911s and Glocks. Like them really well. Hope the same is true for wheel guns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:53:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:51:16 PM EDT
I have been using an Uncle Mikes plastic holster for my S&W 442 for a few years. Its a good holster.

I dont know if Uncle Mikes or Fobus are using real Kydex though? They are certainly no where near the quality of a Blade-Tech.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:12:12 PM EDT
I carry a K frame smith in a Fobus at the vault. I've got no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:09:20 PM EDT
Neither Uncle Mike's nor Fobus are Kydex. They are plastic, which is a large part of why they are so much cheeper.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:15:40 AM EDT
Im picky on kydex I guess. I dont like Fobus because most of their designs leave the front sight exposed to get dinged up. I owned one Uncle Mike's paddle for a SIG full size. Its terrible. The screws that adjust the tension worked lose all the time and the tab they put on the paddle to act as a retainer made it almost impossible to remove the holster.

Im sold on Blade-Tech. Pricy, but quality always is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:27:45 AM EDT
I agree Blade Tech is the way to go, but my wife wants to give IDPA a shot. I really do not want to spend a bunch of money on a revolver holster until I see how it goes. I am betting she will want to switch to an auto if she stays with it.

Blade tech offers a less expensive line for 1911s and glocks. I have one. It is not the same quality as their top shelf stuff, but still worth the money.

My local gun shop recommended Fobus, thought I would give it a try on this application. Got to beat nylon all to pieces.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:42:14 AM EDT
I've got a Fobus paddle for a S&W 586 (K-frame) and it works great. Holds it solid, smooth draw.
Top Top