Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2003 10:44:15 AM EDT
Anybody here got experience with them?  
I ordered a Fobus belt holster for a S&W K frame this weekend. They were the only maker I could find with a belt holster.

I use Kydex for my 1911s and Glocks.  Like them really well.  Hope the same is true for wheel guns.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been using an Uncle Mikes plastic holster for my S&W 442 for a few years. Its a good holster.

I dont know if Uncle Mikes or Fobus are using real Kydex though? They are certainly no where near the quality of a Blade-Tech.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry a K frame smith in a Fobus at the vault. I've got no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Neither Uncle Mike's nor Fobus are Kydex. They are plastic, which is a large part of why they are so much cheeper.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Im picky on kydex I guess.  I dont like Fobus because most of their designs leave the front sight exposed to get dinged up.  I owned one Uncle Mike's paddle for a SIG full size.  Its terrible.  The screws that adjust the tension worked lose all the time and the tab they put on the paddle to act as a retainer made it almost impossible to remove the holster.

Im sold on Blade-Tech.  Pricy, but quality always is.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree Blade Tech is the way to go, but my wife wants to give IDPA a shot.  I really do not want to spend a bunch of money on a revolver holster until I see how it goes.  I am betting she will want to switch to an auto if she stays with it.

Blade tech offers a less expensive line for 1911s and glocks.  I have one.  It is not the same quality as their top shelf stuff, but still worth the money.

My local gun shop recommended Fobus, thought I would give it a try on this application.  Got to beat nylon all to pieces.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Fobus paddle for a S&W 586 (K-frame) and it works great. Holds it solid, smooth draw.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top