Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 6:35:11 AM EDT
I was meeting my wife yesterday for lunch and she phoned and said she would be late.  So I cruised on over to a pawn shop and was looking around.  There was a brand new HS2000 with the sticker price of $425 the guy noticed I was looking at it.  He looked at me and said I'll sell it to you for $350.  I looked at it and it's brand new and feels great in my hand.  Thing is I've got 2 Glocks, a Beretta 92, and two 45s that sit in the safe and don't get carried.  Right now my main two carry guns are a Glock 22 and a Kel-tec .32.  

I'm thinking more and more about trading the 22.  It nice has meprolight night sights, had a grip modification done by Arizona Response Systems and a little skateboard tape on it.  A nice gun but has never comfortably fit my hand.  It's my first handgun I purchased in the Summer of 1994.  Got several preban mags.

What's keeping me from doing it is I think Glock has a better finish and more after market accessories.

The HS2000 is a novelty to have it before it turned XD.  Better ergonomics and trigger pull.  Plus buying 40 mags and having 15 rounds of 9mm.  The Glock 22 is my only .40.  Bulk 9mm ammo is cheap and I'll be standarized as far as calibers.  Then there's that KB issue with Glocks.

I've read the comments.  Should I call the shop and see if they're in a trading mood?

Link Posted: 8/1/2003 11:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't buy it??????

Can you just post the # and address for me then?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 5:54:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, let's see if we can allay your fears.

First, any aftermarket item for a GLOCK will fit on the HS2K.

Second, I've had an HS2K since they first came out and the finish has stood up to all that I asked. Anyway, if it ever does need to be refinished, that's cheap.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#3]
A deal like that doesn't come along every day!  Even without trading something, it's a really great deal (if it is in fact new)!

Rather than trade, try to sell the trading gun to someone...you'll probably get more than a pawn broker would offer you.

You'll definitely have lots of fun shooting the HS2k!

The only reason I'd advise you not to get HS2k is if you aren't going to use it on a regular basis.  It would be a shame to acquire it and let it sit gathering dust!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 4:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I have owned a generation 1 HS2000 for over two years. I love it, the grip angle suits my hand naturally and allows a perfect point to target each and every draw!
Run, don't walk, down and get that gun for $350. You will not be sorry you bought it.
BTW, I carry mine on a regular basis and I have not had problems with the finish...however, be sure to keep some oil on the slide, or it will show some rust signs.
Let us know how much fun you have shooting it, and take your wife to lunch again for being late the other day!
Mike
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Where is the pawn shop??? If you decide against it give another guy a chance......ok?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top