Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/31/2003 12:58:47 PM EDT
i've been shooting regular 180 gr. win white box in my usp 40 for the past month or so. about 500 rounds. picked up a box of the 165 gr win valu pak at wal mart and tried that last week. groups expanded dramatically and also seemed to move low left. it was enough that i would probably not shoot it again. especially when i switched back to the regular stuff immediately afterward and had my groups tighten again.

anyone else getting sketchy results with the valu pack ammo?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 1:08:14 PM EDT
I was using the regular 50 pack boxes and started buying the value packs. I haven't noticed any difference after 2 boxes of the value packed stuff. I am pretty confident it is the same ammo just packaged bulk for a better price.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 9:02:37 PM EDT
my pistiols and ammo still shoot better than I can. The Win Valupac stuff seems OK.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 10:14:56 PM EDT
May I point out you went to a much lighter bullet weight? That will almost always give a different point of impact, regardless of caliber.

Stick with the same weight bullet & you should have no problems.

Also, some guns prefer one particular weight over another. Sounds like the 180gr is the one your gun likes.

My .o2
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:25:15 AM EDT
Agree with BobCole. The lighter bullet has higher velocity. Leaves the bbl quicker during recoil= lower point of impact.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 4:47:32 AM EDT
The value packs have been fine, it's that useless "Winclean" I will never buy.
Small primers in a .45ACP!...that's really good for the old Dillon press!
And all that yellow residue down the barrel and in the action, not for me, thanks.
I have gotten great accuracy from the valu packs in 9MM, for non-reloaders, I would say try some, your gun may like it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 5:56:26 AM EDT
I haven't noticed any real problems with the valu stuff in my 9mm's, but my Berettas and my Walther are not terribly picky. They shoot any ammo quite well.

I have noticed that it burns a lot dirtier than PMC ammo does. I will stick to PMC for my Les Baer 1911....
Top Top