Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/31/2003 5:06:10 AM EDT
Anyone own a S&W 610 in 10mm??? What do you think of them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:46:06 AM EDT
A good friend and 20+ year IPSC shooter got one a few months ago. He loves it! With full house 10s he shoots tight groups out to 100 yards. He is a hell of a good shot though.

I'd love to find one with the original round butt, wood grips.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:54:11 AM EDT
I have one and shot it a couple times.
I had my local smith chamfer the cylinders for easier loading. Found out that round nose bullets work best. If you use a hollow points they sometimes land on the cylinder face and you have to readjust to get them loaded.
Did a trigger job on it by replacing the hammer and return springs. Cut the double action pull by 1/3 and the single action is about 2 pounds.
I went on and bought a 627 in 38 super.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 5:59:19 PM EDT
I've had my 610 for a couple of years and shot it fairly regularly. Mine is picky about 10mm rounds, it likes the 200 grainers pretty hot, but for some reason, it really likes the .40 S&W 155gr Remington JHPs even better. Go figure. With those two loads I've busted bou coup jackrabbits over the last couple of years and have really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:39:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/6/2003 5:40:10 PM EDT by Cerebus]

Originally Posted By 9supercomp:
I have one and shot it a couple times.
I had my local smith chamfer the cylinders for easier loading. Found out that round nose bullets work best. If you use a hollow points they sometimes land on the cylinder face and you have to readjust to get them loaded.
Did a trigger job on it by replacing the hammer and return springs. Cut the double action pull by 1/3 and the single action is about 2 pounds.

Can you bring this to the next MD shoot (if we ever decide on a date)? I'm interested in the 610 and would love to have the opportunity to shoot one.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:58:06 AM EDT
Cerebus
No problem. I have some 10MM to shoot up.
I normally shoot 40 S&W. The 40's make major power for IPSC/USPSA.
I'll bring the 627 along also.
Top Top