Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/28/2003 3:57:00 PM EDT
Hello I am considering getting one for my Kimber Pro Carry.  Anyone use them?  Likes Dislikes.  Which ones the hard plastic, or soft rubber grips for carry?
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I use the rubber ones on my Scandium J-frame.  I liked the size of the hard plastic, but needed the softer ones for the recoil.  As for the laser, it really makes a difference for target acquisition.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a pair of the plastic ones on my Kimber TLE. The laser kept cutting out every couple rounds(no matter how hard the switch was pressed) and would have to be shut off and on again. I think the master switch was bad so I returned them. I have heard the wraparound rubber ones are nicer but I like the checkered front strap on my TLE too much to cover it up.
They were fun when they worked and I could see some real world potential. A local LEO with a set tells me the bad guys comply much easier when painted with that little red dot.
I want to get one fot the Smith model 60 my wife uses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top