Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2003 6:22:44 AM EDT
I heard there were not that many imported into the US.

This model intrigues me more than the M9 because of its size. Anyone handled one? Also, would you buy one if you had the chance?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if this is the same gun, but my dad has a Steyr 9mm that holds 18+1.  Polymer frame etc..  I think that the gun was used in Aliens by some of the Marines.  I enjoyed shooting it, but I remember the trigger being a bit rough.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:28:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The steyr that hold 18 rounds is the GB model , the gun in aliens was the hk vp70 also a 18 round gun.

I had a m9 I would place it in the same catagory as ruger and taurus . There nice guns for the money .

Right now CDNN investments has the s40 listed in stock at $339.00 dealers cost.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
just picked up the S40 from CDNN.

"tickled to death" begins to describe how I feel about it.

-supported chamber(even at the 6:00 position)

-pistol was designed around the.40SW cartridge (glocks were designed around the 9mm)

-steel-framed design,encased in polymer. steel rails

-weight-22oz.

-neat sights that work great

-AWESOME 1911-style trigger.Someone on these boards said the Steyrs' triggers are horrible.I have found found that statement to be totally untrue! trigger travel is listed at 1/8". this is one of the best factory triggers I've dealt with.

-lefty-friendly manual safety

-GREAT ergos/ small-feeling grip

-DSA is rumored to begin marketing and possibly manufacturing them. we'll see.

-all-in-all a great value IMHO.

Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Only down side to them is the sight (assuming you get the triangle ones) and you can get used to them. I did.
And they'res VERY few holsters for them. I have a nice one by Krammer I believe.. bought it slightly used on Ebay.  Works great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top