Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2003 11:01:41 PM EDT
Took the daughter out practicing a bit. Only gun she could work was the Glock so I jammed the selector so it could not be flipped.

She will shoot first match tomorrow and we will see if she likes it or not.

She could not pull the slide well on an EAA Witness so Hi Ho Hi Ho a glocking she will go.

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't let her hang around any tattooed or pierced guys at the match. Those freaks are bad news.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
That would make me proud.
With a long mag and FA setting, there could be a slight advantage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Took the daughter out practicing a bit. Only gun she could work was the Glock so I jammed the selector so it could not be flipped.

She will shoot first match tomorrow and we will see if she likes it or not.

She could not pull the slide well on an EAA Witness so Hi Ho Hi Ho a glocking she will go.

Glock 18? Thats the only one she could rack? I want one.... lol
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
That's really really cool. But it's still not a rifle:)
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Your daughter looks like a fat man with glasses.   You might have her see a doctor about that....

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Your daughter looks like a fat man with glasses.   You might have her see a doctor about that....

Nah...what man would post a pic of his daughter on HERE...
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool! Hope she does good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I got no problem posting a picture of my daughter on the www.

Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:00:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Cool! Hope she does good.

She got zero penalties. Her old man got one.

Seriously, she did pretty well for her first time. As for hanging with the pierced tattooed guys ... brasspile was too hung over to show up.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:02:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
we will see if she likes it or not.

Did she like it ?
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#11]
She did like it. She intends to come shoot some more, so between shooting in Omaha and Sioux Falls I don't really know when/where she might shoot next.

Accuracy Score hits were good better than some other shooters, She tried to break the 180 with me ROing her once, Chris gave her the lecture on how not to rack the slide over the top of the ported barrel, she can just barely pull the slide open even that way so will have to work with her on that.  She might shoot better with a limited gun. That Tasco Optima can be slow to find the dot with. Will have to take her to a larger gun shop sometime and have her feel many guns.

By the way those damn tiny round steel plates were too small, and the stages Chris designs with target everywhere is just too confusing for my old brain.

Next time she can run with a little less coaching with the regular ROs man I was rusty at doing that.

Oh yea and I had to unload the gun for her one time on stage 3 because one of my reloads got stuck in the chamber and she could not rack it open. My fault not hers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:44:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Awww.... how sweet.......
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Great job!  Been in IPSC for about 15 years.  The sport needs more participation by females.  My wife is seriously considering trying IDPA after many years of coaxing.

Have you tried installing a weaker spring? That might solve the slide racking problems so long as it still keep the gun functioning propoerly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I am just running the factory spings. I tried a couple of those double springed shock buff redoil reducy gadgets and none of them held up to the strain of full auto fire.

Went back to factory glock captured plastic guide rod.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 11:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I got no problem posting a picture of my daughter on the www.

myweb.cableone.net/uziforme/Tammah2.jpg

But her trailer has no windows of which to shoot out of...oh well, nice color, blue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top