Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 12:32:06 PM EDT
There are "fake silencers" for handguns available from www.gunsnstuff.net.  I read elsewhere that they have no effect on noise whatsoever, or otherwise they would be illegal.  So I am quite puzzled: what's the use??
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Its just for looks. Nothing else.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... that's pretty strange.  I guess the slim, barrel-diameter ones could be good for a more "evil" look, like in the movies, but the large fat ones look comical to me.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#3]
The only real use for fake silencers is on long barrel carbines, like the USC or HK94 in states where SBR is illegal or when you don't want the hassel. A USC with a fake can (and dyed black of course) looks 10x better than one without, imo.

For pistols, it's kind of worthless, even for looks.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:06:15 AM EDT
[#4]
You ever shoot a gun with a can on it? The slim ones IMHO are very rare, most of the cans I've shot are pretty thick in DIA.

If you have never got a chance to be around supressors (very few actually "silence" a weapon) and are on the west side, go to Wade's East Side gunshop in Bellvue on Bel-Red road. They sell supressors, and I plan on going through them when I pick up a can for my P22.

I always thought a supressor, for real "James Bond" work on anything bigger than a .380 was pretty funny, most black-ops suppressed pistols are .22s, and have been since before WWII. I've even heard stories that the SEALs carry a supressed .22LR upper for their AR15s for ultra-quiet work. But thats getting a bit OT.

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Fake suppressors are for people who have to live under the evil sherif of nottinghams reign in his new location Garfield hts OHIO !

I am a 26 year old man with a perfect police record not so much as even a traffic violation but that doesnt matter to chief of police Thomas P. Murphy . Acording to the woman at the fron desk "angry voice" HE DOESNT SEE PEOPLE ABOUT MACHINE GUNS OR SUPPRESSORS ! Ok why its legal in this state and there are no restrictions in Garfield I know for a fact I already checked . HE DOESNT SEE ANYONE ABOUT WEAPONS YOU HAVE TO LEAVE !

How do you deal with somone like that ? I wanted to leagaly purchase a suppressor and the guy wouldnt even see me about it !

Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Hunter,
Do like some others do and bypass your CLEO. Form a non-profit Corporation and you wont need his signature.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top