Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/22/2003 8:14:46 AM EDT
I know Ive been asking a lot of questions about these two handguns latley, but Im about to buy, and Im having a hard time deciding. The Beretta feels a little bit better than the HK does, but Ive heard the HK is tougher, and maybee more accurate? Beretta new for $550, and HK lightly used for $520. Please help me decide.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:15:41 AM EDT
At that price, get the HK.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:53:32 AM EDT
Here's another vote for the USP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:41:29 AM EDT
What calibers are they? I am guessing they are the same. I own a 92FS and love it to death. It fits my hand like a glove. It really depends on you. The berretta does not fit everyone’s hand. Both are superb guns. You will not go wrong getting either. One side note is the HiCap for the berretta are cheaper and more plentiful then the HK.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 11:22:58 AM EDT
You can't go wrong with either, pick the one that feels best for you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:34:48 AM EDT
Hi-caps for the beretta are cheaper, other than that from a beretta owner, get the HK, better yet, get a baby desert eagle In 9mm( i assume your looking at 9mm since the 92fs is a 9mm) the 16rd factory mags are still cheaper than the berettas, the trigger is better and the gun just feels good in the hand. less muzzel flip. the BDE was the first handgun i ever bought and it's also the only one I've never had a problem with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 11:32:19 AM EDT
Alright, here is what I think, owning a 92fs, and a USP .40 fullsize.

IF YOU EVER PLAN ON OWNING A .40 SW in the future, get the 92fs in 9mm first.

That is what I did. I knew eventually I was going to want a .40 s&w, so when it came down to the 9mm decision, I picked the 92 over the USP.

I did this, because I knew I wouldnt want to double up on a gun, and secondly, the 96 is a .40 based on a 9mm frame. The USP started off as a .40, then the 9mm came after. This is why the 9mm usp is a bit tougher than most, it was designed for a more powerful cartridge.

That being said, I have yet to have a failure of ANY sort with either. I have 8000+ through the beretta, and have not had one failure. Magazines are cheap (25 a peice isnt too uncommon), where as the USP magazines are around 60 a peice.

Either way, you will have an awesome 9mm handgun. But like I said, if you are a beretta and HK fan like myself, and eventually plan to get a .40 to complement the 9mm, get a Beretta 9mm, and a USP .40

Sorry if thats not even what you thought about doing, but it open up some options and give a little food for thought.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:30:04 PM EDT
thats a great idea, but I dont plan on ever getting a 40, but that may change. i am set one the hk usp. i think im going to pick it up later this afternoon. thanks again
Top Top