Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 2:41:22 AM EDT
I bought a Sig 226 yesterday NIB for $600 with tax. I've only had 1 problem with it. When I fire the last round in the clip the slide doesn't lock back. Any idea why it would do this? If I put an empty clip in and pull the slide back it will lock in place. Also, I had the brass get stuck on the last round a few times while it was ejecting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:27:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Sigs need a little breaking in.  Jams on the first few hundred rounds are not uncommon.  As far as not locking back, it is most likely either (1) underpowered ammo or (2) the magazine springs.  My friend has a Sig P228 and the postban mags (half plastic) are JUNK!! Get some preban mags (try sigforum.com) and you will be ok.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Real Sig factory hicaps are $35 each right now.  Look for the ad by Jason in VA on www.sigforum.com, he's got a bunch.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The only times I have had my 220 not lock the slide back I had my hand/finger on the slide release holding it down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Well the clips have a lot of pressure behind them. My fingers aren't on the release either. Yeah, the clips have that plactic crap on the bottom have of them. The guy I got it from offered me some post ban clips for $30.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Real Sig factory hicaps are $35 each right now. Look for the ad by Jason in VA on www.sigforum.com, he's got a bunch.

He also advertises in the equipment exchange here under the username 556ammo. Fuck Sigforum.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If you don't get it now you will get it later. We here at ARFCOM try to stop others from referring to magazines as "clips". We do this to prove that we aint non-edgumakatid hiks wit guns!

Edited to add: Nice purchase, I'm sure you will enjoy. SIG's are great pistols.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I had that problem with my 226 once.  I was shooting reloads so they were probably pretty weak.  I solved the problem by simply putting a little bit of lube on the rails.  
Great gun.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 2:31:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I was thinkin' as NoComp was...reloads.
I still say a premium gun should work out of the box...OK, it's new, maybe try some premo ammo, like some +P to REALLY break it in.
The flash and muzzle blast alone is worth the price of admission.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 5:06:35 AM EDT
[#9]
My experience with Sigs shows that the slightest ammount of pressure on the slide lock (which is located too far rearward on Sigs for my taste) will keep the slide from locking back. All the Sigs I have ever owned/shot do this to me, especially the small ones. (P239)

You might want to re-examine your grip. If your grip touches the slide lock at all, this is probably the problem.

Aside from this issue, the P226 is a fine weapon. It should give you a lifetime of reliable service.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:23:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Get the mags from Jason in VA aka 556ammo..his mags are always better than he advertises....great guy to buy from..

Another place is www.copesdist.com they also have awesome prices on Sig mags...

Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I had the same thing happen to me w/my older P220 (Made in W.Germany)when using new factory mags...I solved it the expensive way-I got a newP220 to go w/the older one.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:07:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I am just chiming in here.  I too own a sig 226.  I bought it over ten years ago and it is my favorite gun.  It is so reliable.  I have five factory mags.  all work just fine.  happy shooting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#13]
ahhh...this thing is really starting to piss me off. I went to the range again yesterday and now it's jamming when it feeds. The ammo won't go into the barrel all the way. My friend has a brand new 220 45acp and he hasn't had any problems like this at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top