Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2003 6:21:45 PM EDT
I am looking to replace a Beretta 92FS I just sold with something a little less expensive.  I have been looking at the S&W Sigma SW9E 9mm.  My local gunshop sells them new for $299 - and that includes tritium night sights.  I was curious as to others' opinions on this gun.  I know it's not a super gun, but for the price, it looks good.  Does anyone have any insight into this gun?  Is it worth the price?  Does it have any *problems*?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:32:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I had several problems with the 9F, but they were worked out (mostly) with S&W.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally, I would pass. Although, I must admit I am biased against DAO.

For the same or less $$, you could have a nice, used or new Browning Hi Power, which is considered to be a much nicer handgun.

my .02
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you know the differences between the 9F and the 9E?

What sort of problems did you experience with yours?

Mbsk01,

If you could point me towards one at this price ($300 or under) I'd appreciate it.  All the ones I have seen are in the $500 range.

I am not set on any particular handgun - just something in the $300 range.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#4]
My 9F:
1. last round usually jamed on feed ramp or follower when using inexpensive ammo, like UMC.

2. front sight fell off. Slide was replaced also due to flaws int he finish.

3. Barrel still has curcular tool marks in it, but no longer has ejection problems.

I have shot a lot of CCI Blazer lately, and no problems since it was fixed. Tool marks in the chamber still concern me though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Do you know the differences between the 9F and the 9E?

What sort of problems did you experience with yours?

Mbsk01,

If you could point me towards one at this price ($300 or under) I'd appreciate it.  All the ones I have seen are in the $500 range.

I am not set on any particular handgun - just something in the $300 range.

www.gunsnstuff.net
www.aimsurplus.com
www.jldenter.com/JLD%20Pistols%20page.htm

They aren't all Browning, per se, but nice enough. Mags are easier to come by also.

Check here for additional info: www.HiPower.com
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Avoid the Sigma's. I have yet to see or talk to the first owner who "loves" them. Take the same amount of money & buy a good used S&W police trade-in. KY Imports has great buys on them.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:40:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Avoid the Sigma's. I have yet to see or talk to the first owner who "loves" them. Take the same amount of money & buy a good used S&W police trade-in. KY Imports has great buys on them.

My .o2

Wait til you meet TRG.... hehe. He loves them!
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My .o2

Wait til you meet TRG.... hehe. He loves them!

I have two.

SW40C, the .40, is my main hog pistol.  I use, I trust it.

TRG

ps.  It will only feed 135 grain Personal Defense (the round nosed hollow point) Hydrashocks reliably.  But, hey, it will eat those like candy and 200 pound hogs have fallen to the round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top