Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/17/2003 7:24:59 PM EDT
I went to my local gunstop today, and I'm torn. I was looking at a used Glock 17C ($439 & in very nice shape) , or a Springfield XD 9 (new $419). I'm leaning towards the G 17, but I have heard so many good things about the XD.... hmmmmm. Any help would be appreciated.
Sleepy717
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:59:04 PM EDT
I have shot both and while a diehard glock fan from a reliability and carry piece standpoint, I think the XD is going to give glock a run for their money. I would avoid ANY "c" model glocks - the "compensator cuts" are marginal at best and both destroy your night vision and spew burnt and unburnt powder all over you and your pistol.

If the choice was between the XD and a plain jane glock 17 - pick the one that fits your hand the best and you should be just fine. I also think anything over $400-420 is a bit much for a used glock (unless some high caps are included). I bought a 3rd generation (light rail, finger grooves) with 2 factory high cap mags "recoditioned" model 17 for $430 about 6 months ago. So you may want to keep looking

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:29:16 PM EDT
definately go after the XD
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=5254 if you need more convincing
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:07:43 PM EDT
XD!!!! I have two with over 3000rnds of relods through them with zero malfunctions! My neighbor even liked mine so much he traded his Glock for a new XD!
Top Top