Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2003 3:39:22 AM EDT
My Mil-spec is supposed to arrive today, and while I have another week before I can pick my baby up, I am looking at accesories.

If I put a high beavertail grip safety on it, will the spur hammer fit???  the commander hammers fit snug into the slot in the top of the beavertail.  I don't know if the spur will fit.

I know a lot of you are going to probably say, "why ruin a good gun" but I can always change it back.  And you can't get a "custom" gun without those damn front serations.

Was thinking about putting in a Chip Mcormick
Easy fit hammer, sear, and trigger.  Will those parts go in with no problems?

Do you think there will be any problems in doing that....besides the moral delema of changing a Mil-spec into something un Mil  :-)
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:07:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
If I put a high beavertail grip safety on it, will the spur hammer fit???  the commander hammers fit snug into the slot in the top of the beavertail.  I don't know if the spur will fit.

You will need a Commander hammer.  Caspian Arms and MGW both make a good round one, not elongated.  

I know a lot of you are going to probably say, "why ruin a good gun" but I can always change it back.

Hey, I agree 100%.  The sharp edged grip safety tang is the one thing I really cannot stand about the mil-spec 1911.  It chews up my hand pretty quick.

And you can't get a "custom" gun without those damn front serations.

Maybe not from Springfield but I know Les Baer does offer  several without the front serrations.

Was thinking about putting in a Chip Mcormick
Easy fit hammer, sear, and trigger.  Will those parts go in with no problems?

You may need some minimal fitting on the trigger, and you may also need to fit a new thumb safety.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 5:24:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I had a feeling I had to do the hammer if I did the beavertail.  

Quoted:
And you can't get a "custom" gun without those damn front serations.

let me reprase
you can't get a "custom" gun without those damn front serations...for less than $800
:-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top