Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:43:53 AM EDT
I want to carry my Redhawk (5.5" barrel) concealed when I go camping/hunting/hiking, etc. I recognize that completely concealing this thing is somewhat unrealistic, but can anyone reccommend a holster and/or carry method? If possible, I'd like somthing that is comfortable and works with a pack belt.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:55:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2003 6:58:17 AM EDT by 308wood]
easy.

1. drop it in a pair of oversixed camping shorts / bdu pants.
2. IWB holster and pulled out T-shirt, vest or jacket.
3. belt holster and pulled out t-shirt, vest or jacket. it's hard to notice the gun with the 1 Qt bottle, motorolla talk about, cell phone, leatherman wave, and bear spray.
3. fanny pack / water bottle type hiking pack. if you are humping a big pack i would sling the fanny pack cross body like a bandolier.
4. small back pack (day pack)with dedicated pocket and maybe velcrowed in a holster.
5. photography bag. these come in two forms. one is a soft belt bag designed to hold a SLR camera and telephoto lens and the other is the usual "diaper bag" which can hold a micro uzi.
6. ladies canvas book bag. they are small hand carry type bags made of canvas usually with flowers and crap stenciled on the outside.

Link Posted: 6/30/2003 4:44:13 PM EDT
the camelback mule has a perfect pouch on it for a pistol.. it's like a thin'narrow backpack and you can switch it around to your front like a baby-carrier if you really want it accessible.

a fanny pack would be the other way to go.. prolly preferable since it would be easier to get to.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:16:08 AM EDT
fanny pack.....you will probably be sweating a lot for a holster next to the skin.....hey, you can put a couple of candy bars in there also..lol.....I use a fanny pack when bicycling also.............
Top Top