Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2003 12:52:42 PM EDT
I've got an old (60's) 1911 Super frame and was considering building it up as a 9 for IDPA, ESP class. Anybody know if there would be any problems, different ramp angles for example?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry that this is more of a BTT than real help.

I haven't done it, but I've read posts elsewhere from several guys that said they simply changed-out the barrel and maybe a magazine, and it worked 100%.  I've seen other posts from a smaller # of guys that had to do major tuning to get it to work.  The tuning included working with the extractor, the ejector, the feed ramp, and recoil spring.  If I was doing it, I'd just try a 9mm barrel to see if you get lucky.  Brownells has a 9mm barrel from Springfield for $81 if you want a cheap solution.z
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:54:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Brownells or Numrich were on my shopping list anyway. Guess I'll just jump in with both feet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top