Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/12/2003 12:38:00 PM EDT
Hello to all!

I live in Minnesota where we had "NEW" legislation passed that now makes Minnesota a shall issue state. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the politics of Minnesota, I'll mention that we are probably the closest thing to a communist state in this country. The ultra-liberals have destroyed our beautiful state, and the fear mongers are running rampant. "There will be people on the streets shooting innocent people indiscriminately!" It appears that most businesses plan to post "NO GUNS ALLOWED" signs on their doors. With that said, I have decided that I will not spend my hard earned money in establishments that will not allow a law-abiding citizen the right to defend themselves. Somehow I just don't understand why we allow criminals to carry freely, but not law-abiding TAX PAYERS. For those who are interested, I found FREE small business type cards that state the following. There is a picture on the front that shows a Glock pistol with an "X" through it, as well as a dollar sign with an "X" through it. It says, "We have noticed your sign, and will respect your wishes by doing business elsewhere". On the back of this card it states that I am a concealed carry permit holder, etc. My intentions are to carry a few of these cards in my wallet and hand them out. I plan to hand the cards to store managers of the establishments that think that the state of Minnesota is unqualified to make the decision if I'm able to carry a concealed weapon. If any of you are interested in these, go to the following website and download the PDF file. This will enable you to print them on your computer printer. If we all stick together, maybe we can convince them that we the law-abiding citizens are not the people that should be feared. If we can affect their bottom line, they just might see the light. I hope that you'll go to the website and print some for yourselves.

www.mnccrn.org

Thanks!

Tom... the ONLY conservative left in Minnesota.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:50:54 PM EDT
I think that is a great idea!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:59:25 PM EDT
Some one move this to Hometown, or DUPLICATE... a good idea for other towns/areas with this 'problem'

Good Job Tom!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:33:16 AM EDT
I also live in Minnesota and agree with neutom 72. I can't believe how they have torn this new law apart. I have seen the cards also from a guy who took the concealed carry class. His instructor handed them out. I thought that was the point of concealed carry, so nobody knows when you have a weapon or not. What is the point if criminals know they can go to certain locations shoot up the place and basically be safe guarded from being shot back? We love to protect the criminals here, no doubt about that. Damn liberals and tree huggers make up about 90% of the population in mn. Anyway that is my input.

Signed,

Mad in MN
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 10:28:38 PM EDT
Neutom 72...Excellent idea. As far as the most commie state, the fact that you're in a state that HAS shall issue should make you happy... You aint compared to CA or IL. I unfortunately live in Illinois. I don't know the laws in MN but would trade for yours in a heart beat.

The things is, is it actually a crime to enter one of these establishments? I don't think it is it? How do they know if you are carrying concelaed or not? If its concealed isn't that the point?

True, I say don't give them business, but on the card I'd mention something along the lines of... "By the way, how do you know who's carrying right now anyway? One of us is in here."

Now they loose business and still feel nervous because they still don't know if one their patrons have CCW.

I say it all gets worked out quickly enough when the shops and homes with the wonderful "No Gun" signs are the only ones robbed, raped and pillaged.

Ofcourse then there will be the screams, "See it is Dodge now" or "See now the criminals can get guns easier" or "See before everyone had an even chance of getting attacked, now we are singled out. We should make it all even again and take away ALL the guns."

You all know its terrifyingly close to the truth. Will the cards matter? Probably not. I've learned the hard way that you're either for us or against us, and nothing we can do will change the sheeple's minds.

I've tried and pounded my freaking head against the brick wall of "Feel Good" politics. (which translates slowly but ever so certainly to: The Dictatorship of the Politicians"

I wonder why I even say I'm a patriot anymore? I WANT to ADMIT that I beleive in THIS kind of garbage.

Sorry, I'm just so sick, tired and fed up with all this bleeding heart stuff. Is logic that complicated to figure out? Where the heck am I raising my children? Why the heck am I still in Communist Illinois? Its getting to the point where I wonder why I'm living in Communist US.

Forgive me, I really do love America and her ideals. I'm probably one of the most patriotic guys you'll ever meet. I just think I'm fooling myself if I believe the America I live in is the same America I idealogically love.

Wow I've just depressed the heck out of myself.
Top Top