Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 6/10/2003 12:54:26 PM EDT
Ok well recently I came into the possession of three pre-ban magazines. Well the question came up in a discussion with my friend about what if one breaks (i.e. drops from a pistol and the frame cracks, or they somehow break) will the company replace the bodies of the mag? I have heard of some companies doing this but would like to know. To clarify on the magazines they are Italian Beretta model 92 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:04:53 AM EDT
Those are fairly robust, I doubt they will break anytime soon.
You may bent a feed lip, which is easily repaired however.
Not sure on Beretta's policy but mags like those, used, are running $30 to $40, NIW Italian mags as high as $75.
I have keepers and shooters, the shooters I use all the time (had 'em hard chromed)and the keepers are still hanging on a pegboard.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:12:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By anothergene:
Those are fairly robust, I doubt they will break anytime soon.
You may bent a feed lip, which is easily repaired however.
Not sure on Beretta's policy but mags like those, used, are running $30 to $40, NIW Italian mags as high as $75.
I have keepers and shooters, the shooters I use all the time (had 'em hard chromed)and the keepers are still hanging on a pegboard.

How do you correct bent feeding lips?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:52:43 PM EDT
For simple bends, just some non-marring pliers and a set of calipers.
Hopefully, next year, we won't have to nurse our "normal capacity" mags along.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:06:41 PM EDT
What about the magazine body? Read in a previous post that soem companies will allow you to purchase a new body for the magazine. Is this true and what companies offer this?
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:58:04 AM EDT
I don't know about Berreta mags but Glock mags can be fixed no matter what has happened to them... scherer makes a replacement mag body and everyone makes replacement springs and followers... I replaced one of my hi caps tubes because of a cracked body and replaced my other hi cap tube because of bent feeding lips and i've had no problems with them... they cost about 30$ each which is a little much but it's better than replacing the whole mag at $65 and up.
Top Top