Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 7:20:32 PM EDT
Has anybody tried the Extreme Shock ammo?  www.extremeshockusa.com

I saw it in a magazine and am just wondering how it works for home defense, or does it not live up to what they say?
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I've also seen those adds, and was wondering the same thing. I'm also curious about 'liability' issues with the round, and whether the Massad Ayoub types would recommend against its use.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
the website seems somewhat shady. the "guarantee" hasn't been updated in over a year. and i didn't find much at all in the way of product information.

has anyone seen this ammunition in real life?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:06:10 AM EDT
[#3]
It's very new and so I doubt there has been any shootings with it.  

Save your money.  With the performance of modern day ammo, there is no reason to spend the money for Extreme Shock ammo.  I'd save the money and buy training ammo.  I haven't heard anything good about Extreme Shock ammo.    
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Gimmick.

A pistol is a pistol.  Load up with a modern hollowpoint like Gold Dot, Golden Saber or SXT and go about the business of learning to get rapid hits on vital areas.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:11:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Tactical Forums had some negative coments a while ago.  Too much hype, not enough function.

Kent
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Two words ----- inadequate penetration. Stick with something proven such as the Winchester Ranger, Speer Gold Dot and in some cases the Remington Golden Saber. These rounds penetrate good enough and robustly expand. These super light and fast loads such as Glaser, Magsafe and now this Extreme Shock are all inadequate for self defense as they may not penetrate deeper than 8" while fragmenting. You want a load that will penentrate at least 12". That way no matter what angle your shot comes from, it will be capable of reaching the vitals. Also, an expanding bullet that doesn't fragment and retains most of it's weight is more desirable in a handgun that fragmentation. These heavily hyped rounds are just that...hyped. Don't waste your money on them.

-Charging Handle
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top