Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/6/2003 2:07:43 AM EDT
Just wondering because all of the .40 cal mags I find are listed for the P-91. I know the same 9mm mags work in the P-89, P-94 and P-95. Are their .40 mags also interchangeable?

As a side note, this P-94DC is quickly becoming one of my favorite Ruger pistols yet. It retains the same frame material and finish as the older P-89, P-90 while it shares the same ergonomics of the P-95 and 97. It also seems the trigger feels much better and has a good, constant pull with no creep or gritty feel. I just picked it up yesterday and will take it out today and run some rounds through it.

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:24:12 AM EDT
Yep, same magazines. I just sold my P94DC in .40.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 5:47:54 AM EDT
Thanks Jim! Always nice to have you around as it seems I don't have too many Ruger friends here...lol. I'll pick up some of the P91 mags.

Just outta curiosity, did you sell the P-94 because of some problem?

Thanks,

-Charging Handle
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:03:24 AM EDT
No, no troubles at all. I bought a USP in .40 and decided that I could part with the P94. Sold it to a buddy, so I kind of feel I could buy it back if the mood struck me. I've been busy playing with my P89 and .30 Luger conversion instead.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:25:40 AM EDT
I still see the 11 rounders out there, NIW for $35 or so.
I know one more round may not seem like much, to me it's more a "thumb your nose" at Brady thing.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:31:46 PM EDT
Anothergene,

That's a good point about the 11 round hi-caps. I was looking in a CDNN Investments catalog and they listed the 11 rd factory .40 cal mags for $28 or so. The 10 rd factory mags were only about $4 less, so for that difference, I would go with the extra round.

Jim,

Thanks again for the info about the Ruger. I had never owned a P-94 and was just wondering if their quality was the same as the other P-series. After firing a 50 round box of Winchester 180 gr FMJ's through mine today, I was pleased. No problems and decent accuracy. Now I will test some 180 gr Gold Dots and Rangers in it before putting it into my carry rotation.

-Charging Handle
Top Top