Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/2/2003 11:25:29 PM EDT
I've never had a problem with handguns until firing my girlfriends Ruger today. She fired it flawlessly magazine after magazine but atleast once everytime I would get a partial feed or some sort of jam. I was taught to let the recoil flow through my arms instead of having my arms be solid and not giving. As I said before it's always worked for me and I've shot over 20 types of handguns, this is how i feel comfortable, hell when the gun wasn't jamming I was hitting a small box 100 yards out everytime no problem.

I've heard the term limp wristing thrown around in regards to some weapons jamming, does this sound like my case? Should I stiffen up?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:50:43 PM EDT

Originally Posted By thesacrifice:
I've heard the term limp wristing thrown around in regards to some weapons jamming, does this sound like my case? Should I stiffen up?

Unless your girlfriend is Rosie O'Donnell, the answer is "yes" & "yes".
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:07:04 AM EDT
You should stiffen up your wrist and let your elbow bend with the recoil. I used to limp-wrist until I had failures with a Glock and learned this method.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:33:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By thesacrifice:

Unless your girlfriend is Rosie O'Donnell, the answer is "yes" & "yes".

lol
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:03:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Shadowblade:
You should stiffen up your wrist and let your elbow bend with the recoil. I used to limp-wrist until I had failures with a Glock and learned this method.

Yeah, what he said. Out of 4,000 rounds I've put through my Sig, I've had a few stovepipes b/c of Limp Wristing. Very Easy to correct. Add a little more push and pull to your hold to help stiffin it up. Just b/c it's your girlfriends gun doesn't mean you have to fire it like a girl
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:53:43 AM EDT
I agree with all above.
Top Top