Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Before you question my honesty, try finding out the facts. I have a few serious offers and I have told each and every one of them the situation. I have also forwarded the corresdondance so that they may make an informed decision.

This has scared some off, and not others.

I am not trying to scam anyone, nor have I been dishonest with anyone either here or off the board while trying to sell this pistol.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If I were to make an expensive purchase like this, it is because it suits a purpose and gives me satisfaction. While many less expensive pistols will suit the purpose in question, if I were to have a similar experience as ADTECHARMS I too would not be satisfied. I may present my arguments in a different manner, but the bottom line is I would not be happy with the service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I didn't question your honesty...I DID ask what you were going to do when selling it to another...I am satisfied with your answer.
Mike
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Still shaking my head after rereading your first letter and you reaction....Jon, I guess it is a safe bet you aren't on a Shrike waiting list

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]
No, I am not on the Shrike waiting list.

Why has it become so commonplace for people to accept poor service and pay high prices for it?

Imagine if the roles were reversed, had they delivered the pistol and had I not paid them, what do you think there reaction would be? What would your opinion be of me?

Why is the story different when it is them?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:51:05 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
No, I am not on the Shrike waiting list.

Why has it become so commonplace for people to accept poor service and pay high prices for it?

Imagine if the roles were reversed, had they delivered the pistol and had I not paid them, what do you think there reaction would be? What would your opinion be of me?

Why is the story different when it is them?

I don't think that acceptance of it is such an acceptable thing. However, a lot of people seem to expect that, companies, being comprised of human beings, can not accurately predict the future when they give an estimate. That being the reason for an estimate as opposed to a deadline. Most people seem to understand that unforseen circumstances cause changes of plans, and they don't credit that to poor customer service.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 12:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
The way I see it, you did the right thing and checked on your order, at the end of a 10 week period. Finding an unexpected delay, you then correctly found another gun which was available. The gun appears to function as expected. Why sell it?

Shit happens. Did Wilson screw the pooch? Maybe yes/maybe no. Do yourself a favor and enjoy your CQB.

What is worse is to get crap on "time." A few years back, I ordered a Dodge pickup. I was told 8-10 weeks. It came in six. I wished they had spent the extra 2-4 weeks putting it together correctly:) Hell, I would have gladly waited a little longer even, if the DS door had been attached properly and the transmission shifted when it was supposed to.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top