Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 2:13:24 PM EDT
I just aquired my first Hi-Power, a true Belgian Browning made in 1969.

Question: did they have magazine safeties on this vintage?

Mine does not, meaning that I can drop the hammer without a magazine inserted, and I'm wondering if it has been tinkered with in the past 30 years or so.

Also anyone know of any internet Hi-Power sites worth visiting?

Thanks for the input,
Cheers, Otto
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like it was already removed by a previous owner.
Any possible legal issues aside, removing the magazine disconnector enhances the trigger pull.
But now it will fire with the mag removed and a round in the chamber, just like most guns out there anyway.
Be aware of that fact and enjoy.
A lot of folks ask about how to remove them all the time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 7:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.
Both answers in under 2.5 hours. Whadda site!

I think I'd be more concerned about the gun NOT firing when the trigger is pulled with a round in the chamber and the magazine removed.

I only knew about the possibility of there ever being a mag safety installed when a guy I showed it to saw me lower the hammer with the mag out to put it away.

Thanks again,
Cheers, Otto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top