Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 4:38:27 PM EDT
Just curious about this one.  I picked up a mess of the SA 17rd mags for the HiPower about a year and a half ago, but no HiPower.

Now I have the bug to buy another gun, but money is way tight.  I am currently looking at either the Argentine HiPower or the Arcus 94.

Please help me decide.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Biggun...

Funny thing... I just asked the same question.  How good is the Arcus 94 and 94C?  I'm also in the market for a reasonably priced pistol and from what I've seen, the pistols look pretty good.  I'm not sure if I want to pay $500 PLUS for a decent pistol, so I'm thinking seriously about ordering one and taking the risk.  I haven't made up my mind though if I want the "standard" 94, or the compact 94C.  I really like the idea however that the magazines are fully interchangable with the Browning High Power.  I was able to find a website that is selling both the 94 and 94C NEW for $219.95.  Have you found any better prices?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Aim Surplus is the cheapest.

I don't really need another gun, but I always want more.  Since my budget is tight I'm thinking cheap pistol to tide me over til I can afford another AR.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an Arcus in 1997 and it was and is a great value and a very reliable and accurate gun. It is the best High Power clone on the market (for a low cost clone) I added some cocabolo wood grips to mine and it looked pretty classy with the tu tone finnish and all. The gun accepts all High Power mags and all the internals are interchangable. They didn't make a compact back in the 90s so I might be interested in one.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 5:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the scoop John.

I'll tell you what, for that price it is hard to pass up.  I think I'll probably add one to the collection shortly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top