Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2001 8:11:57 PM EDT
I am starting (as the extra funds permit) to pick up a few spare mags for some of my guns, and was looking for some info about some surplus and non surplus mags--

1.  The Browning HP in 9mm.  How are the Argentinian contract mags?  ($20 from CDNN)

2.  Beretta 9mm.  How are the South African contract mags and the Asian military mags?  I have a pretty good load of USGI and Italian mags for my guns, but could use some $20 mags as extras if they are good quality.

3.  Colt 1911 (Colt Combat Commander and Kimber Custom Classic).  I have seen ads (looking at a CDNN ad as I write this) for Colt Factory $17, Mitchell $10, McCormick $10, Springfield $12, "original equipment maker for Colt" $8, Argentine Military 10 rd. $7.  Any ideas on which are OK quality (all are 8 rd. except the Argentine Military)?  I know Wilson mags are generally considered the best, but I want some cheap, but still reliable range mags.

Thanks!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The 17 rounders from S Africa, that CDNN carries are pretty good, but you do need a loader, strong spring
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
For your HP, if you can still find any for the FEG (Hungarian copy) in 13 round, they seem to work perfectly in the HP, dont hang down, and are a lot cheaper than originals. They used to be common until the 10 rounders started showing up. I should try some of those Argentinians myself, just got the new CDNN catalog...charge it!
Link Posted: 11/21/2001 6:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
That 17 rounder is a knuckle buster, but even if you can get only 15 in, you are doing good.

I would recommend a buy for them, but I would start with the Beretta, they have been making HP mags since 1935.

My 1911 likes all the mags I buy for it from the cheapest to the Shooting Star.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top