Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2001 11:18:48 PM EDT
I hate to bring this up, but I remeber about 15 years ago (when the Wonder Nine craze was beginning) that Colt released this gun.  I just wanted to know what happend to it since I have yeat to see one at any gun show let alone hear anyone claim to have shot one.  Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:48:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to buy one at one time until a talked to a few people who actually had owned them.  Seems they are incapable of any accuracy whatsoever.  Shotgun type groups.  Even the review in Gun Digest said the same thing.  Interesting enough gun. I decided against it considering the mag availablity and lack of accuracy.  If you get one, let us know how it works.

In the end the gun really had no marketable qualities.  It couldn't shoot well, no agency or military used it, it was a rotating bolt, which made it unconventional, and most gun owners shy away from unconventional mechanics.  Colt probably could have marketed it better, but that's usually the real difference between success and failure.

Ross
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:49:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about how they shoot/function, but I know a guy who has one NIB (Colt Collector), and it feels great sitting in your hand.  Actually a pretty good looking pistol all things considered.  I see them at gunshows for anywhere from $350 to $650 depending on condition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top