Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 3:24:37 PM EDT
Can you guys shed some light on the issue? Is the problem with the reloader that works in the garage or is it also factory reloaded ammo.

Iam a accustom to shooting 1911 and I can feed them what ever I wont with no problems

Just want to know if I buy the cheap stuff let say wolf, am I going to have any problems shooting a glock

Any help or suggestion will be appreciated

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#2]
This ought to be fun.....quick.

The predominant models people have had issues with are the ones that are chambered in .40S&W.
That said, many (if not most of us) has fired tens of thousands of rounds (100's of thousands collectively) through our .40S&W Glocks problem free. The other chamberings have not been associated with the KB nearly as often as the .40S&W....and the KB's that have been documented have been so over-discussed that people think its more of an issue than it actually is.

Can your gun malfunction....yes.
Will it....most likely, no.

I carry a G22 and have no fears whatsoever. I have never had an issue....not a single malfunction, FTF, FTE, or any other issue. The KB thing is way more hype than reality IMHO.

Any gun can malfunction....its a mechanical device, and things break.
The frequency with which they do, however, isnt enough to give me even a moment of pause.

The two most common supporting arguments for the .40's KB'ing are ......

Using unjacketed lead bullets....
&
Having an 'unsupported' chamber in these models.

Another less discussed issue is that in a Glock, the striker mechanism moves in the opposite direction of the chamber/round during firing which 'could' result in a slight movement in the slide toward the rear of a full battery position...thus extracting the round from being fully seated in the chamber and exposing hundredths of an inch of the rear of the casing...again, leaving that portion unsupported during ignition.

I was a late comer to Glocks....and I resisted them in favor of metal, proven, designs.
Eventually I tried one and came to realize that they are hugely popular for a reason...they are an awesome design and they shoot damn near perfected fresh out of the box. I am a pretty hard sell, and I'm a big fan of old-school steel...but i cant deny that after having had enough range time with the Glock...the myth of them being unreliable or even dangerous is overblown and frankly, ignorant.

Carry what you are comfortable with...but do some real research and get the facts....there are plenty of koolaid stands on both sides of this argument. Opinions prove nothing....get some facts and decide for yourself.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
In the last 6 months I know of on this site there have been more AR-15 and Kel Tec Kb's than anything else.

You may want to consider that most if not all of those were factory loaded 556 and 223 loadings.

YMMV
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
.40 S&W is veeery close to KB pressure according to SAAMI specs, if you fire a hot one in an unsupported chamber = bad juju.  i reload, and i know it's dumb, but i take a lot of time loading pistol rounds, but it is easy to see how someone could rush, drop an extra .3 grains on top of a full load in a .40 cartridge, seat the bullet a little to deeply, and seat the primer to low... KA-BANG!  ... no wait... thats not right... BOOM, thats it!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a thread I posted I while back that might interest you...Link - Click Here

Found some of the comments interesting.
Still havent seen enough to make me rethink my G22...YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top