Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/7/2006 12:20:46 PM EDT
I've been reading a few threads about concealment and a lot of people stated that you need a good gun belt for better comfort. I've carried a USP C/IWB Galco for 6 yrs. and a 1911 full size/IWB Milt Sparks for 1 yr and the only noticiable change in comfort was due to pants waist size. Im 30" but wear 32" and feel a way lot more comfortable. I though that the belt was to hold the holster in place. So my last two belts are 1.5" Thimberland and a 1.5" Clarks both good quality leather and well seamed.

My concern is what this gun belts ($100+) offer that my $40 belts don't? Just don't want to order one to discover myself it is the same as mines...

Regards.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:31:10 PM EDT
That's actually a good question.

I hope somebody else with more knowledge than me replies.

I would imagine that it would be best to have a really stiff belt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
I paid only $60 or so for my belt, a Galco model. Yes, the stiffness of the better belts are what the difference is.

A little bit of internet shopping can save you some $$$, IMO.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:32:53 PM EDT
A good gunbelt makes a big difference IMO. The gun will stay closer to your body which will help with concealment. A good belt shoudn't cost $100.
Check out:
Beltman
Rafter S
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:13:55 PM EDT
While it's not as important with IWB carry as OWB, a sturdy belt still helps. I prefer the Wilderness for IWB carry over any leather, and it has the added advantage of being half the price of good leather.

I have found that even designer brand leather belts don't hold up, even WITHOUT carrying a gun and accessories. I have had Calvin Klein, DKNY, Ralph Lauren, etc. dress belts that cost $40-50 and were falling apart after 6 months.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:30:56 PM EDT
I carried OWB with a regular leather belt for 5 years and it sagged but I kept putting off buying a better belt. I was looking for a new regular belt yesterday and they happend to have a Galco Instructors belt there. It fit and I liked it so I picked it up. There was a huge difference in comfort and concealment because now I can't feel the gun pulling on my belt and it rides higher/tighter to my body. They aren't anywhere near $100, I paid $42.
Top Top