Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Just get used to the Glock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:36:45 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the XD.  Bar-sto and EFK Firedragon also make replacement barrels.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:46:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Browning High Power clones
CZ75 or 85.  An underated pistol IMO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:21:04 AM EDT
[#4]
How about finding a sub $400 1911 stlye weapon - that is reliable or works ...... doesn't exist
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 8:39:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok, what about Sigs, I know they're a little pricey, but they have single action models, and I've heard nothing but good things.

What's the typical 9mm Sig suitable for concealed carry, that I could put a threaded barrel on?

The models are too confusing.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:52:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
CZ
Never understood the "safety" issue when for years revolvers had no safeties and nobody said word one about it.

+1

I don't understood that either.

Back to the guns,
I don't know about threaded barrels, but it sounds like you need a BHP or a CZ75.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ok, what about Sigs, I know they're a little pricey, but they have single action models, and I've heard nothing but good things.

What's the typical 9mm Sig suitable for concealed carry, that I could put a threaded barrel on?

The models are too confusing.

SIG P228 (they're out of production, but used ones can be found IIRC) or a SIG P229.  The P229 is usually found in .40 S&W but can be converted to 9mm, while the P228 is 9mm only, hence why the 229 has superseded it in production.  

However, there is no SA only version of the P229 and the MSRP of the base model is $840.  Aftermarket barrels are available.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#8]
"and most of all, I'm just "not professional enuf" (that I know of)"

That’s why I hate Glocks.  "Professionals" "gangstas" and assorted dumb asses who know nothing about firearms like them.  That being said, I might get one someday just to have one in the collection.  If I do, it will be a safe queen.

Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#9]

That’s why I hate Glocks. "Professionals" "gangstas" and assorted dumb asses who know nothing about firearms like them. That being said, I might get one someday just to have one in the collection. If I do, it will be a safe queen.

I like how "professionals" is in quotation marks... as if the people using them in their professions weren't, in fact, professionals.

But hey, it's not like the very reason pistols exist is simply to fill the need for a convenient means to protect onself against deadly or potentially deadly force.  Oh, wait.

Oh, but surely they aren't meant to be reliable, accurate and as simple to operate as possible.  Oh wait.

It's a shame that the police and people everywhere who literally put their lives on the line when they choose a firearm don't know what they're doing.  Oh wait.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:21:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
-  I hate DAO
-  I hate that there are no safeties

Those statements are "Factually Challenged."
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

That’s why I hate Glocks. "Professionals" "gangstas" and assorted dumb asses who know nothing about firearms like them. That being said, I might get one someday just to have one in the collection. If I do, it will be a safe queen.

I like how "professionals" is in quotation marks... as if the people using them in their professions weren't, in fact, professionals.

But hey, it's not like the very reason pistols exist is simply to fill the need for a convenient means to protect onself against deadly or potentially deadly force.  Oh, wait.

Oh, but surely they aren't meant to be reliable, accurate and as simple to operate as possible.  Oh wait.

It's a shame that the police and people everywhere who literally put their lives on the line when they choose a firearm don't know what they're doing.  Oh wait.

Well, regardless... my point was that I'm not a fan of the "gangsta image".

In reference to the DEA fucktard who shot himself in the leg... chances are he would have done it with any handgun he had.
The moron opened the slide (which would have removed a round from the chamber) and asked someone to varify that it was unloaded.  He then, with the slide open, displayed the handgun, released the slide, which chambered a round (proving he was too negligent to remove the magazine).  Then, to top it all off, he violated the most important rules of weapons handling... he pointed it at himself, and he pulled the trigger.

The fact that he did it with a Glock doesn't show that a Glock is unsafe, but rather... idiots are attracted to Glocks like flies on shit.

I am not bashing Glocks ("that I know of"), but rather, the fact that they're often used by people who suck at life (of course, many more legitimate professionals rely on them every day).  Believe me, I aknowledge that the Glock is likely one of the most reliable handguns around, and notice I am willing to use it as my benchmark of reliability!

Quoted:

Quoted:
-  I hate that there are no safeties

That statement is "Factually Challenged."

Ok, ok, it has "safeties", but no hard safety, like... the kind that you have to deactivate.

I don't believe that's a legitimate safety.  You can pull the trigger, it goes bang.  All that prevents is the gun going bang when it's dropped.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 11:18:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Ok, ok, it has "safeties", but no hard safety, like... the kind that you have to deactivate.

I don't believe that's a legitimate safety.  You can pull the trigger, it goes bang.  All that prevents is the gun going bang when it's dropped.

Simplicity is a beautiful thing.  I have a friend who is a retired NCSHP officer.  All the new guys he trained came out of the Academy with ASP's, Pepper/Mace, and maybe a few other doo-dads.  He had two things on his belt, handcuffs, and his Gun & mags.  When asked why that was the only thing he carried his reply was "Fewer decisions to make".  

People say you can train and learn to manipulate a manual safety and almost never forget to disengage it.  I don't doubt that, but I train to not put my finger on the trigger until I'm ready to shoot something.  I don't want to drown either, so I learned how to swim, and swim well.  I don't want to walk around with a life preserver.  

Using a GLOCK is no different than a revolver.  I say that if you're scared of a GLOCK trigger system, then you need a firearm with a safety-safety, a secondary safety to keep you from disengaging the manual safety, just in case you know.  And maybe another safety to keep you from disengaging that safety too, because you can never be too careful.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top