Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 3:42:05 PM EDT
I want one of these guns.  However, I have to order it as no one local has one in stock .  Also, I don't know anyone who owns either.  My dilemma is which one to buy.  I know this Bisley has a different grip frame, hammer, and trigger.  I've read that most prefer the Bisley frame with heavy recoil loads.  But, I've talked to others who like the original and say the Bisley grip is "unnatural." I know I should handle both before I buy, but I don't think that will happen.  Any opinions here?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#1]
..........super blackhawk....7 1/2 inch....blue....no bisley...........this will get deer....houge monogrip to deal with the recoil...........voice of experience...............
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer the SBH to either, between the Hunters I would take the SBH Hunter. I have owned a 5.5" Bisley (Accusport) and a 7.5" Bisley (both chambered for the 45 Colt.) The 5.5 was tolerable but the 7.5 is very muzzle heavy in the Bisley configuration, the Bisley Hunter with it's full length sight/barrel rib will be even worse.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 6:16:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input,  and yes, this is for hunting deer.  Rabon, why do you prefer the SBH over the hunter?  I like the option of mounting a scope later on if I decide to.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Any BH will have the heavy backstrap,which keeps the frame from stretching with hot loads(the others don't)these are things to concider!!

Bob
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:06:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have big hands, the Bisley may be a better choice.  .44 or .45LC?????  A good friend hunts with  7.5" Bisley and hot 300 grain loads in .45LC.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
TARFU
I have used BHs and SBHs for so many years, I guess I am just comfortable with them. I have considered the SBH Hunter as it has some features I really like and I suspect the Hogue Monogrip made for the SBH Dragoon Frame would fit after removing some material from the grip (the SBH Hunter uses the SBH Dragoon grip size with the round Trigger guard which is larger than the SBH grip with round Triggerguard found on the 4 5/8" and 5.5" SBHs and all BHs) Any of the 7.5" Rugers can run a  320 cast   to around 1400 fps  with very manageable recoil, so they offer a good level of power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top