Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#1]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
I knew that Beretta made shotguns but I didn't know Springfield made them also!

When did springfield start making shot guns?

You need to practice more no matter what pistol you choose.

Just trying to help you out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you one of those guys that just talks big or would you be so kind as to post some groups at 50' or 25 yards to justify your talk.

I Walk the Walk.  50' is 16 2/3 yards.
Here is mine at 15 yards, But if you want I'll take it to 25 yards if it'll tickle your fancy.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:42:42 AM EDT
[#2]
1911 or get a G19/226.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 9:55:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the trigger spring goes tits up every few thousand rounds on most of them, the locking block breaks, etc.

Your source please?

Patrick Sweeney, Corey Trapp and Colonel Robert Young. Oh yeah, and my buddies M96--its sitting in the safe with a broken trigger return spring, of all things.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:46:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Trigger return spring broke on my buddies 92FS.  He replaced it with a aftermarket spring that is supposed to be stronger and perform better, I believe Wolf makes it.  That being said, I love berettas.  Never personally had a single failure, its a real tack driver, comfortable in my hand, and I like the way it looks.  People that bash berettas have never shot one I bet and just go off INTERNET talk.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I knew that Beretta made shotguns but I didn't know Springfield made them also!

When did springfield start making shot guns?

You need to practice more no matter what pistol you choose.

Just trying to help you out.

Are you one of those guys that just talks big or would you be so kind as to post some groups at 50' or 25 yards to justify your talk.

I Walk the Walk.  50' is 16 2/3 yards.
Here is mine at 15 yards, But if you want I'll take it to 25 yards if it'll tickle your fancy.
xs75.xs.to/pics/06142/Sistema-group.jpg

Wow.  very nice group.  Post as many groups as you'd like at whatever distances!!
I like to see them.  Like I said, it irritates me when guys claim stuff but then it's not quite what they say. Or they just put someone down without trying to help. As if they knew everything and were great at everything from the moment they dropped out of the womb.  

Very nice pistol and I see your pistol appears to be in somewhat stock configuration.  Meaning no beavertail, no longer trigger etc.  Your sights and grip are obviously non standard.  What kind of a sight is that?
What kind of ammo did you use when shooting that?
Was it like rapid or slow fire?
Is there internal tweaks to your pistol, like lightened trigger?
Did it take awhile to be able to shoot like that or did you shoot like that like real quick??

Thanks for the post!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:22:05 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Trigger return spring broke on my buddies 92FS.  He replaced it with a aftermarket spring that is supposed to be stronger and perform better, I believe Wolf makes it.  That being said, I love berettas.  Never personally had a single failure, its a real tack driver, comfortable in my hand, and I like the way it looks.  People that bash berettas have never shot one I bet and just go off INTERNET talk.

I have one of the unbreakable Wolff units in one of mine.  It's the way to go.  Excellent design, easy to install, requires no mods, doesn't change the trigger in any way (unless you want it to), and I think the Beretta will wear out the barrel before that unit breaks.

Installation takes about five minutes and is only slightly harder to do than tying your own shoes.

Get it, install it, and forget about broken springs.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I was hopin threeman would get back to me.

Or anyone else who wants to post pics of their groups and pistols.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the trigger spring goes tits up every few thousand rounds on most of them, the locking block breaks, etc.

Your source please?

Patrick Sweeney, Corey Trapp and Colonel Robert Young. Oh yeah, and my buddies M96--its sitting in the safe with a broken trigger return spring, of all things.

OK, I can name names too, but how about a link to your actual source?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I prefer many pistols over my Colt Mark IV Series 80.
For the sake of this thread, my service pistol is a Beretta 92D, and I can shoot it just as good, if not better than any of my pistols. So yes, I'll take 16 rds of 9mm over 8 or 9 rds of .45 any day.
I guess the whole .45 thing is lost on me.....I really don't see the .45 holding any advantage over a smaller round.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I’m to lazy to read this whole thing, but some one somewhere said that a few solders died because the have been armed with 9mm instead of .45, that’s a load of crap! If some one died using a pistol in combat it’s because they were using pistol IN COMBAT. An FN five seven or MP7 would make a far superior battle field backup weapon, because of range, weight, and firepower; and if any one says that the 2 competing PDW rounds are just fancy .22s then they are an ignorant caliber bigot.
Derrr or is this tread about what to concealed carry? Cause you should carry what ever you like....as a mater of fact, I think our solders should all have the chose between 3 pistols IMO, but the big army would never think so!
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your source please?

Personal conversation, I would imagine.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 6:17:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your source please?

Personal conversation, I would imagine.  

My M92 suffered a locking block failure as well, cracked right in half.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:27:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a trigger return spring break on my Inox. Its still nice to do a Mel Gibson carry when Im in a hurry to make a quick run somewhere and dont want to take the time to carry my 1911.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 7:35:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I’m to lazy to read this whole thing, but some one somewhere said that a few solders died because the have been armed with 9mm instead of .45, that’s a load of crap! If some one died using a pistol in combat it’s because they were using pistol IN COMBAT. An FN five seven or MP7 would make a far superior battle field backup weapon, because of range, weight, and firepower; and if any one says that the 2 competing PDW rounds are just fancy .22s then they are an ignorant caliber bigot.
Derrr or is this tread about what to concealed carry? Cause you should carry what ever you like....as a mater of fact, I think our solders should all have the chose between 3 pistols IMO, but the big army would never think so!

WOW
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW

Damn!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:02:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I was hopin threeman would get back to me.

Or anyone else who wants to post pics of their groups and pistols.

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=41277
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=23159

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=43019
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=43026

Very nice!!!  I have to ask though, was that 1" group from a rest or free hand???  
Isn't that the colt you're getting redone by somebody???

Here's a group I got with one of my pony's from a rest at 25 yards, what do you think?

Definitely not a 1911 but I think that's the best group I ever shot with a pistol.  I know it's not that great but I'm still learning all the time.  Thanks for showing me what you can do.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Wow, 1" at 25 yards 5 shots freehand.  Well, I feel a little better that it was "one of your better days".  But that is some very fine shooting.  And with WWB nonetheless.  I'm impressed.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#20]
If I am the shooter, I will take a .45 over a 9mm.....but before that choice is made, i will take shot placement above all. Well placed shots from a .22 are more effective than 'spray -n- pray' with any caliber you can name. That said...I had a hell of a time when i switch from 9mm to .40S&W....the recoil made it tough for me to control my groups...but I had to swallow my pride, and relearn some of the fundamentals that were making my accuracy suffer. At one time i would have swore that it was better to take the M9 if you were more comfortable with it...these days, my recommendation would be to carry the M9 but at the same time, put a lot of effort, practice, and determination into getting the same performance out of the 1911. Once you master the M1911, start carrying that. Personally, I still prefer 15 rnd mags of .40S&W to single stack mags of .45ACP, but higher cap .45ACP mags in a suitable weapon also make a great CCW.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If I am the shooter, I will take a .45 over a 9mm.....but before that choice is made, i will take shot placement above all. Well placed shots from a .22 are more effective than 'spray -n- pray' with any caliber you can name. That said...I had a hell of a time when i switch from 9mm to .40S&W....the recoil made it tough for me to control my groups...but I had to swallow my pride, and relearn some of the fundamentals that were making my accuracy suffer. At one time i would have swore that it was better to take the M9 if you were more comfortable with it...these days, my recommendation would be to carry the M9 but at the same time, put a lot of effort, practice, and determination into getting the same performance out of the 1911. Once you master the M1911, start carrying that. Personally, I still prefer 15 rnd mags of .40S&W to single stack mags of .45ACP, but higher cap .45ACP mags in a suitable weapon also make a great CCW.

Thank you for your advice.  We can't carry in wisconsin so it's not a matter of that.  However, I keep a pistol in mine and my wifes car.  What I've been doing now is put the M9 in my wifes car, since I shoot it better, I wont shoot it as much as the one in my car.  I'm going to make a concerted effort to shoot the 1911 more.  In the past I didn't because I liked the price tag of the 9mm ammo.  I'm also going to throw in some .22 shooting with my MK1 to work on some of the fundamentals stated here.  But I have a feeling the only way to overcome the recoil is to shoot it more.  I will obviously shoot the M9 too, but the 1911 will get more attention this way.  I really want to learn to shoot it well.  I still feel at closer ranges it will serve me fine presently anyways.  I also feel that when I shoot the 1911 the M9 actually gets easier to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I thought I'd post some pics for some more flaming but at least I shot my .22 better than the 1911.

I think I'll just keep practicing for awhile an wait to measure after some time.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#24]
How many GIs carrying M16s have ever really had to use the M9 in a combat setting?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How many GIs carrying M16s have ever really had to use the M9 in a combat setting?

Did you ever hear of a Bradley or Abrams?  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top