Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/31/2006 9:32:03 AM EDT
I have the opportunity to buy a Steyr M9 in excellent condition for $220. The pistol feels very good in the hand with a grip angle and bore axis similar to my GLOCK 19. I don't really care for the wacky safety and would prefer not to use it at all. Do they have a good reputation for durability and reliability? How difficult is it to find regular capacity magazines? I don't really need the gun, but it is almost too cheap to pass up.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 9:47:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/31/2006 9:49:45 AM EDT by Carter226]
Gawd another one........Didnt you just buy a Khar about 2 months back........

Hehe.. Ill see If I can find anything in the way of magazines for ya....

ETA:

CTD has them for 40: www.cheaperthandirt.com/steyr_baff.htm

Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:25:47 PM EDT
For $220, buy it. I will buy it from you :)

Fantastic weapon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 1:41:58 PM EDT
I had one and thought I was getting a deal for $ 250, felt good in the hand liked the sights, went and shot it hated every minute....they like to eject the spent round on top of your head. Plus I was using remington and winchester...had problems....not as much for ejection but for going bang!!!

I bought this from a dealer and this thing was in perfect condition....still, I would not depend on it with my life...I ended up selling it for $ 175.00, and told the buyer..beware don't rely on it. Well thats my .02

Danny
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:51:06 PM EDT
Well as the previous poster would disagree with me, it is a matter of opinion. I could not be happier with mine. The only complaint when I first got it was an absence of holsters but that has been rectified in the last year or so. I think the pistol it is most comparable to is the Glock 19 - but I think it has a much better trigger and awesome sights for combat style shooting.

I wish I had another.

And $220 is a great price because these things are just as durable as Glocks in my opinion.
Top Top