Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/30/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
I have one of the newest runs of the SW9VE’s (not the buggy old ones) with the HI-CAP 16+1 mags. For the price, couldn’t ask for a better 9mm. I keep her fed with 147g JHP.

This weapon has no external safety and I carry IWB, barrel is pointed directly at my manhood. My question is should I carry with one in hole?

The only safety feature this has is the abnormally heavy trigger that everyone complains about, but I have used this weapon so many times either through my fingers becoming stronger or the spring wearing in, it just doesn’t seem heavy enough to be the only thing keeping a 147 g JHP from entering into my manhood.

Thoughts?

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:05:32 PM EDT
A gun that can't be drawn and fired is a club. With the 28 pound trigger on the Sigma, I don't think even an idiot could "accidently" fire it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 12:57:40 PM EDT
Haha, it does feel about that heavy, yes.

I wouldn't sweat it at all. It has something like a 12 or 14 pound trigger, and unless you're visiting strip clubs with it, there aren't many situations where you'll have problems.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 1:40:03 PM EDT
People just this question everyday.

I always say...don't touch the trigger and the gun won't go off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2006 3:25:42 PM EDT by BrandonJ]
Another question, what about jarring? I work in a bad area and keep her unholstered and in my lap when driving, if I were to get in a heavy wreck, without the trigger being pulled is there any way for this to go off if it went flying?

This is not something I'm worried about, just a hypothetical question. I'm 22, only recently began to get serious about weapons and don't know the inner workings yet so I don't know if a discharge from a jar is possible or not?

Brandon
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:14:26 PM EDT
The trigger is very hard to protect you. Have you tried a different type of carry? I dont think I could have a loaded sigma pointed at my junk without thinking about it all day.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
I think you need to reevaluate how you handle firearms.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:53:47 PM EDT
I always carry one in the pipe in my 40VE. Any carry IWB or OWB requires a holster that covers the trigger. If you have such a holster for your 9VE, then you have no issue with it pointed where it is. If you feel not comfortable it pointed there, point it somewhere else like at 3 o'clock.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 4:22:41 PM EDT
I carried my (VE and my G19 with one in the pipe and I also had the same issue you have but after carring that way a few times you forget that it was even a bid deal. If you don't pull the trigger 99.9999999999% of the time it isn't goint to go off.

Carry with one in the pipe those few precious seconds are worth and will be needed
Top Top