Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/17/2002 1:43:25 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these? It really fits my bill for a pocket gun with a decent caliber.
5.3'X4"

http://www.kahr.com/new_pm9093.html

Anybody have one of these? Anything to watch out for?

They are pretty expensive $600-$620 in the local retailers. Thats even more than the full size steel frame version! I assume its due to supply and demand? Can I expect to see this price come down in a few months?

Maybe these prices are unreasonable to begin with?
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:46:53 PM EDT
Nice looking gun.

Although I am not sure how long the pistol has been on the market, I would say I am 'jaded' by the track record of most pistol manufacturers.

2nd generation guns seem to be better overall.

TRG
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:18:00 PM EDT
The PM is fairly new. Stop in over at the Kahr forum and ask about them, I think I recall one or two folks have bought them in the past 3 or 4 months.

Beachboy
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:11:48 AM EDT
I bought a PM9 about a week ago. Have fired about 200 founds of FMJ for breakin with zero problems. I will be trying out hollow points next range trip. It seems like a nice little pistol. I paid $579 with night sights here in Utah, they around $100 less without the night sights. So far it seems like a winner. I am carrying it in my front pocket right now. Watch-Six
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 5:31:02 AM EDT
The dilemma right now is I hear the PM9 has insert an molded frame instead of a solid block pinned into a plastic grip. Don't know if this is true or not but I hear that there are alignment issues on the rails.

Now on the other side of the coin the Kahr MK9 is the same exact gun but a SS frame. From opinions expressed on the Web I have a tough time finding negative comments on the metal frame Kahr guns. The MK9 can be had much cheaper too but I get stuck carrying 1/2 a lb more than if I had the PM.
Top Top