Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:02:41 AM EDT
I had recently built a bushmaster with the new no ban stainless barrel so I had no use for my RRA so I was at a local gunshow and this guy offered me a NIB 9mm p226 preban still had factory sack on it, anyone got any feed back wether this was a good trade our should I have held out for something else?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:23:57 AM EDT
You have traded for what is arguably the finest combat 9mm ever made. Can I have a little more information about the 226? How many mags did it come with? Any extras (holsters, ammo, etc.)? What are the letters stamped on the bottom of the dustcover? That should help put a more accurate price on it. That Sig has the older stamped slide, which is lighter, slightly more prone to corrosion, but it is much better balanced in my opinion. You will more than likely love it. MJD
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 11:57:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/24/2006 12:05:51 PM EDT by Minator556]
I ll have pics of it soon, It came with 2-15 round mags 2-50 rd boxes of Leo Gold Dots 124gr JHP ,2-boxes of black hills blue box, Not to sound like a noob but what is considered the dust cover on a pistol, Ive been shooting forever but just turned 21 and started with pistols? The serial numbers are on the slide and frame, it has strange marks on it my serial starts with a U with 6 digits and then it has a small z with a strange symbol looks kinda like a squid or a flower, at the front under the barrel it has 3 symbols one of them looks like a bug, another looks like a KB the other is a copy of the flower with a Z.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 1:04:16 PM EDT
The dust cover is the rounded part that surrounds the guide rod. See where the frame ends? The area in front of that, that is really part of the slide, is the dustcover. Most of those strange looking marks are German proof marks. I couldn't tell you what each mark means. The KB is the date code. It means your Sig was made in 1991. With everything that was included, I think you made a pretty fair trade. NIB Sig 226's (USA made stainless slides) will go anywhere from $5XX to about $650. Add in about $50 worth of ammo and I'd say you did alright. MJD
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:01:28 PM EDT
Thx for the info.
Top Top