Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 5:03:26 AM EDT
What was the first regular production pistol that had an accessory rail on the frame?
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
H&K ????????????
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats a damn good question.

HK had them since their introduction of the USP in the early 90's.  Glocks didnt add them until the later generations, but I have no idea when those started.  Sig/Beretta/CZ/1911 rails have all been fairly recent additions...

I guess I'm also going to have to guess HK.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:26:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have no idea which was actualy first but the first pistols I saw them on were 1911s that had been customized. As far as production? You have got me.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:27:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Hk USP, IIRC.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 11:32:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hk USP, IIRC.

+1

It's just a pity it's proprietary rail instead of universal...maybe there would be more products out there for it

Wanting to put an x-200 on mine is making it damn near impossible to get holster I can wear on duty.

HK - exotic enough
putting a surefire flashlight w/adapter - pretty damn rare
finding a level III holster for it? im-FREAKING-possible
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top