Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 2:21:27 PM EDT
Purchased some goodies for my Glock from LONEWOLFDIST.COM last week. They arrived in the mail yesterday along with their new catalog.

On page 45 of the catalog their is a one page ad shoing these new frames.

Anyone have any experience with them? I think if they come out with one for my Glock 19 I might have to try it out.

Sorry the image came out so small, I am still trying to learn how to use a scanner.... here is what it says:

-Flex free reliability
-vastly improved ergonomics.
-accepts picatinny accessories.
-enhanced accuracy & muzzle control
-compatible with all OEM accessories and holsters
-interchangeable rear grip straps, including 1911 grip angle option
-available in aluminum with stainless steel and titanium coming soon
-available for all FULL SIZE GLOCK models in 9mm,.40 cal, .357 sig, and 45.gap
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Why?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why?

Well, like many people on this board I own a variety of different firearms and wouldnt mind having a glock that pointed more like my Sigs and 1911's.

Sorry I asked the question
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why?

Well, like many people on this board I own a variety of different firearms and wouldnt mind having a glock that pointed more like my Sigs and 1911's.

I didn't mean why do you ask. I meant why would you want one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks neat. That's what Glock gets for not offering changeable backstraps...

Still, isn't the frame the seral numbered part? How is that going to work?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why?

I didn't mean why do you ask. I meant why would you want one.

So when I transition to the Glock after shooting my 1911's/HK's, I don't point it at the sky.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:37:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Pretty nifty idea. If I could get a Glock with a 1911 style grip angle that would be one helluva combination.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Pretty nifty idea. If I could get a Glock with a 1911 style grip angle that would be one helluva combination.

EXACTLY!

Then the Glock would be the ULTIMATE handgun! No more bitching about the grip angle...hmm whatever would the 1911 purists complain about then?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!

Then the Glock would be the ULTIMATE handgun! No more bitching about the grip angle...hmm whatever would the 1911 purists complain about then?

Trigger, sights, width...to name a few (since I can't tell if you're serious or being sarcastic)

I'd hate to see what would happen to a Glock, or rather the hand of the shooter, if a KB occured with one of those frames.  

Better not put on on a .40 unless you really trust the ammo
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:45:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!

I'd still ultimately prefer my 1911s. Now that I really think about it though, new Glock $500 give or take plus the cost of the new frame, transfer fee etc. I could just keep shooting XD's which are every bit as dependable as Glocks it seems and you get 1911ish grip angle, high capacity, light frame weight, light rail etc and they are a little cheaper than Glocks. With XD available in .45 acp now I fully expect a 10mm to be here shortly. So I probably won't entertain a Glock EVER again even with this new found knowledge.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:56:25 PM EDT
[#11]
That's cool! Now you can spend $500 on a Glock, a couple hundred on a frame, and get the grip angle of a $400 XD!!!
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 8:57:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!

I'd still ultimately prefer my 1911s. Now that I really think about it though, new Glock $500 give or take plus the cost of the new frame, transfer fee etc. I could just keep shooting XD's which are every bit as dependable as Glocks it seems and you get 1911ish grip angle, high capacity, light frame weight, light rail etc and they are a little cheaper than Glocks. With XD available in .45 acp now I fully expect a 10mm to be here shortly. So I probably won't entertain a Glock EVER again even with this new found knowledge.

Pretty much why I buy HK's.

Glock reliability+ 1911 style controls, angles and features (minus trigger obviously) to me = HK.  Combination of the best attributes of both guns, only better

Theres a reason I keep buying them, even if they are pricey.  They're worth every damn penny.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EXACTLY!

Pretty much why I buy HK's.

Glock reliability+ 1911 style controls, angles and features (minus trigger obviously) to me = HK.  Combination of the best attributes of both guns, only better

Theres a reason I keep buying them, even if they are pricey.  They're worth every damn penny.

No experience with Hk at all. I did pass up a deal when I first got into guns heavily on a used Hk .45 for $500. I think it was a USP but I don't know anything about them so it could have been anything. It was nice though.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:59:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd love to try the new grip frame.  It fixes most everything that's ergonomically wrong with the Glock, except for the thumb rests.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top